Technical Account Manager
The role of Technical Account Manager is an exciting, new position at Qubit tasked with understanding how Qubit’s most strategic customers’ challenges can be solved through the power of Qubit’s industry leading applications. The role sits within Qubit’s Customer Success team who are responsible for driving product adoption and ensuring customers see value from Qubit, with the ultimate result of client renewals, upsells and advocacy. We are looking for a candidate who, as well as bringing best practice technical consultancy skills, will be proactive in creating ways of working for a new function. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background with the ability to design and communicate solutions from a commercial perspective and provide technical expertise both internally and externally.
The TAM will spend their time:
- Listening to and understanding the challenges Qubit’s customers encounter and finding ways that Qubit’s applications can help solve these. They will lead whiteboarding sessions or interactive workshops with enterprise customers, mapping their technical infrastructure and illustrating Qubit’s applications.
- Building out the framework for discovering, mapping and deploying solutions with clients. The role will then deliver against this framework so this provides an opportunity to create, build and then scale.
- Acting as a conduit between Qubit’s customers and the Qubit Product team. Qubit’s Product team is customer driven, translating technical customer requirements to this team is essential. The TAM will therefore have to be an expert in the product and act as an evangelist for it both internally and externally.
- Partnering with Customer Success Managers to build stronger relationships with key senior, technical contacts based on trust in the product and the value delivered.
- Understanding and mapping out customer’s tech stacks and architecture
- Running interactive discovery sessions with customers to understand their pain points and challenges, then presenting solutions back to them
- Leading technical conversations with customers to find mutually beneficial solutions
- Providing training and enablement sessions to customers
- Building prototype integrations and solutions which can be used to demonstrate what is possible
- Handing over, then supporting, prototype solutions to the Qubit Professional Services team or partners to build in production
- Collating and structuring customer feedback to share with Product team
- Driving innovation amongst Qubit’s customers
- Either a degree in Computer Science, Web Development or related discipline or the equivalent in relevant work experience.
- Superior written and oral communication and skills
- Ability to think on their feet in client-facing situations
- Knowledge of how the internet works (Networks, HTTP, SSL etc)
- Ability to hack together a demo using common languages (JS, Python, Java etc)
- Understanding of common architectures and being able to lead conversations on topics such as Microservices vs Monoliths
- Ability to code with APIs and common front-end technologies (JS, CSS, HTML)
- Ability to explain very technical concepts in plain language to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to influence, in both direct and tactile manner, internal and external stakeholders
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- A positive attitude and desire to contribute to the team
Nice to have
- Good understanding of web based performance testing
- Experience with iOS or Android
- Awareness of CMSs (Demandware, Magento, Hybris)
- Understanding of data warehouses and plumbing, including: Batch vs Stream, ETLs, SQL & NoSQL, BigQuery, Redshift, MongoDB
Location: HQ is in London, other offices New York, Paris and Barcelona
Plenty of perks
As well as the opportunity to work with leading clients and a world-class team, you'll get:
- Realistic performance-related bonuses
- Equity options
- Private health and dental insurance
- Twice weekly supermarket shop for your breakfast, lunch and snacks
- Yoga and meditation classes
- Subsidised gym membership
- Fortnightly company socials
- Plenty of opportunities for training and development
Qubit is the leader in delivering highly persuasive personalization at scale.
In 2018, the company was named a ‘Top Rated A/B Testing & Personalization Tool’ by TrustRadius. Leading brands in retail, travel and egaming work with Qubit to transform the way they understand and influence their customers. Companies like NET-A-PORTER, Topshop, Emirates, Ubisoft, Thomas Cook, and Ladbrokes Coral are using the Qubit personalization platform to increase revenue, build loyalty and significantly improve their marketing efficiency. Every week Qubit is used to personalize approximately $600 million in online sales. Headquartered in London, the company has offices across Europe and the U.S.
Qubit is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing its employees with a work environment that is both challenging and rewarding. For additional information, please visit our website at www.qubit.com