Qubit’s platform engineering team works on the core Qubit platform, which processes billions of events a day and serves over 400 million personalisations per month to some of the biggest retail, travel and egaming companies on the Internet. The team is responsible for backend software engineering at Qubit, building and scaling large complex systems with near-real time requirements.
- Manage a low-latency, high-throughput platform that is responsible for capturing, validating, enriching, storing and serving billions of data points a day
- Tackle scaling challenges for platform services to handle Qubit’s dramatic growth
- Extend the platform to support productionisation of Qubit’s machine learning applications
- Work closely with product management to design the next generation of platform features, such as highly concurrent authentication and authorisation systems capable of validating millions of client validations per second
- A degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Engineering or a related field or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in backend software engineering using statically typed programming languages (e.g. Go, Java, Scala)
- Experience in building web services and APIs
Nice to have:
- Linux systems knowledge
Familiar with container orchestration, e.g. Kubernetes or Mesos
Experience building high throughput distributed data systems
- Experience using cloud-based systems
- A proactive, self starter attitude!
Plenty of perks
As well as the opportunity to work with leading clients and a world-class team, you'll get:
- Realistic performance related bonuses
- Generous equity options
- Excellent private health and dental insurance packages
- A relaxed approach to time off and working from home
- A bank of fridges fully stocked with healthy snacks and the ultimate espresso machine
- Subsidised gym membership
- Thank Qubit It’s Friday – we have lots of creative ways to let off steam at the end of the week
- Per-employee budget for training and development
- Pension scheme with contribution matching
- Paid parental leave
- Dedicated time for charity/community work via Pledge 1% - https://pledge1percent.org
Qubit’s mission is to drive customer loyalty and lifetime value through personalization. In 2018, the company was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Personalization Engines.
Global luxury, fashion beauty, travel and online gaming brands partner with Qubit to transform the way they understand and influence their customers. Clients include NET-A-PORTER, Farfetch, Emirates, L’OCCITANE en Provence, Thomas Cook and Ladbrokes Coral. Across the global Qubit customer base, $600 million worth of online sales are influenced over a typical week.
By combining rich customer data, deep learning technology and advanced segmentation capabilities, Qubit can precisely match customers with the widest range of personal, online experiences to influence behavior at scale.
Headquartered in London, the company has offices across Europe and the U.S. Qubit’s investors include Goldman Sachs, Sapphire Ventures, Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures and Balderton Capital.
Qubit is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing its employees with a work environment that is both challenging and rewarding.
For more information, please visit: www.qubit.com