At Qubit, the product engineering team is focused on building and improving a range of innovative products and services that clients use to understand their visitors, personalise their visitors experiences, and see the impact of these changes. We collect hundreds of millions of data points from our client's websites and pipe them through our real time data processing pipeline. We then surface the data in our products for our users to explore and act upon by serving back tens of millions of personalisations to enhance the sites.
As a Product Engineering team our mission is simple: To use whatever technology is best for the task in order to ship great products for our customers. Aligning to the goals of the business, as a team we will enable you to thrive in a role that offers freedom and autonomy where you’ll be comfortable working across a range of languages and technologies and ensure you’ll get to set the direction of what’s being built. As someone who thrives in a world of ambiguity, this unique role is an opportunity to ship best in class products that will have a measurable impact on consumer experience across the world.
A team player? We’re looking for opinionated people who are excited by the prospect of solving complex challenges on an interesting technology stack
Independent thinker? We like to hire engineers that thrive in a world of ambiguity. We want people that can be given hard problems and can go off and find the best technical solution.
Eager to learn? No two days at Qubit are ever the same and you will be constantly learning in an environment that both challenges and pushes you find innovative solutions to exciting technical problems
Experimental? We are constantly experimenting with new technologies, right now some technologies that we really like are:
- React, Flux and Redux
- Docker & Mesos
- Mocha & Karma
Passionate about open source? Sharing is caring after all. We always contribute back to the open source community. Qubit's array of open source projects include:
- react-test-tree: Simple and concise React component testing.
- cherrytree: A flexible client-side router.
- bamboo: HAProxy auto configuration and auto service discovery for Mesos Marathon.
You'll be responsible for:
- Understanding business problems and translating them into technical solutions.
- Instrumenting, testing and deploying your code to production (We like to deploy multiple times a day).
- Working closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications.
- Working closely with operations and infrastructure to build and scale our applications.
As a valued Qubyte, you will be entitled to the following perks:
- Realistic performance related bonuses
- Generous equity options which mean you’ll own a piece of the pie
- Excellent private health and dental insurance packages
- A relaxed approach to time off and enough holidays to see several corners of the world
- A bank of fridges fully stocked with healthy snacks and the ultimate espresso machine for your java fix
- Sports teams to join, free yoga and meditation classes to make sure your body is as healthy as your mind
- Subsidised gym membership
- Thank Qubit It’s Friday – we have lots of creative ways to let off steam at the end of the week
- Plenty of opportunities for training and development
At Qubit, we champion diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace difference with open arms and see it as a huge benefit to our community. We are dedicated to equal opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you have a disability or need that requires accommodation, please let us know.