Qubit’s platform consumes and enriches billions of events a day, and serves out millions of personalisations to some of the biggest properties on the Internet. Our platform provides the backbone on which all of Qubit’s rich SaaS products are built.
Passionate about software engineering? Do you like hardcore programming in a wide range of languages or are willing to learn to do so? Do Big Data problems keep you up at night? Are you looking to get your hands dirty with some of the hottest technologies in the industry right now? Then look no further and apply for this position.
Experimental? You are happy to embrace new technologies and tools that help us solve the hard problems intrinsic to a rapidly growing, disruptive technology such as ours. The current version of the platform leverages the following: Kafka, Hadoop, Storm, Spark, Dataflow, HBase, BigTable, BigQuery, Hive, Redshift, Redis, Java, Scala, Python, Go, Clojure, Avro, Protobuf, et al. We love open source and so should you.
YOU WILL BE…
Helping us engineer and maintain a low-latency, high-throughput platform that is responsible for capturing, validating, enriching, storing, and serving billions of data points a day.
This entails full-stack engineering from writing real-time processing applications to scaling up our distributed data storage solutions and from tuning JVMs to working with globally distributed infrastructure. Stable, deterministic, well-documented, fully-tested, scalable, and concurrent are some of the keywords that will apply to your code.
What the team has worked on recently:
- Brought down our end-to-end processing SLA from the order of hours to minutes.
- Upgraded our data ingestion and processing pipeline to support validation and evolution of our clients’ data fabric.
- Implemented systems for web-scale data lookup and temporal count distinct operations.
Oh, and we get early access to technology before anyone else in the industry. We are also agile with scrums and stand ups but we still maintain the chaos inherent to a dynamic engineering environment: we build and fix stuff as rapidly as we break and scale it.
What you’ll need:
In addition to a zest for problem solving, an ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- Experience with at least one programming language (even if it’s esoteric).
- A degree in Computer Science/Mathematics/Engineering or a related field or equivalent industry experience.
- “Never say never” approach to challenges.
- Ability to take up new technologies with ease.
- Excited by the prospects of working in an engineering team that spans three continents, multiple timezones, and endless enthusiasm.
- Willing to embrace Qubit’s values: “Voice it. Own it. Do it.”
- Up for telling the world the Truth About Data
Plenty of perks
As well as the opportunity to solve complex problems, we like to look after our fellow Qubyte, so you'll get:
- Generous equity options and performance centric bonuses.
- Acknowledgment and recognition for your performance and skills via the ability to climb up the engineering ladder.
- Top of the line medical and dental insurance.
- Free onsite yoga and meditation classes.
- A competitive office where we play foosball, football, scrabble, go-karting… you name it, we’ll play and ace it.
- A fridge fully stocked with healthy snacks and the ultimate espresso machine for both your “cookie” and “Java” fixes (puns intended).
At Qubit, we champion diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace difference with open arms and see it as a huge benefit to our community. We are dedicated to equal opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you have a disability or need that requires accommodation, please let us know.