Quartzy is seeking a talented Senior UI Designer to help shape new features and visually rethink existing workflows for our product. You will tackle serious design challenges and own the final interface, ensuring it delights our users by effortlessly exceeding their expectations. You will envision how users experience our application and bring that vision to life in ways that are beautiful, inspired, and even magical.
While our product directly increases the productivity of some of the world’s most renowned labs and most innovative companies, a scientific background is by no means necessary to succeed in this role. Instead, you must have a keen sense of user expectations and how to use interface design techniques (e.g. micro-interactions, color, visual cues, etc) to manage them, while being motivated by the fact that the users for whom you’re designing are transforming the way we think of the world and creating new therapies to improve our collective lives. As part of a small and expanding design team, you’ll play a major part in growing our product organization as our company scales.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our team is passionate about accelerating scientific research through well-designed, meaningful tools for labs and companies alike. We value openness, transparency, and good communication, because, after all, we are in this together.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to define and implement UI interaction patterns throughout Quartzy web app
- Bring visual designs and interfaces to life with micro-interactions such as motion graphics, animation effects and transitions
- Implement UI interactions and/or communicate detailed requirements to developers
- Identify and communicate design rationale and tradeoffs to key stakeholders
- Prototype and test designs with users, then translate findings into effective design solutions
- Create and maintain visual and interaction style guide across products & platforms
- 3+ years professional experience with visual design for online products
- Experience launching features and iterating on a complex, live product
- Portfolio that showcases visual design and solid display of great layout, hierarchy, color, and typography across platforms (online, screen, mobile)
- Experience with creating joyful micro-interactions that lead users through complex workflows
- Strong attention to detail and design consistency, while knowing when to break the rules
- Advanced experience with interaction design tools (eg. Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, Origami, Framer, etc.)
- Strong collaboration, communication, and organization skills
- Ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team