We’re on a quest for an extraordinary product engineer who will join us to build and maintain clean, modern applications.
You are a self-starter with a bias for action, and you can take projects from start to finish. You want to work as part of a small, tightly-knit team that moves quickly and pushes changes to production many times a day. You always admired your friends in science, but your knack for computers led you to programming.
Every day, thousands of scientists improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our team is passionate about accelerating scientific research through well-designed, meaningful tools for labs. We recently raised a new round of funding and are gearing up for rapid product development.
What you'll do
- Design and implement new functionality from the ground up
- Work closely with your team to design and develop a robust REST API
- Measure and improve site performance and scalability
- Write well tested code that is resilient to heavy iteration
What we're looking for
- Demonstrable experience writing clean, thoughtfully crafted PHP that scales
- Experience with other parts of our technology stack: MySQL, Redis, Beanstalkd, NGINX, Git
- An entrepreneurial attitude that gets high-quality projects done quickly
- Ability to work efficiently and communicate clearly
What we'd love
- Experience implementing the JSON API specification
- Experience working with money in code
- Familiarity with asynchronous worker queues
- Familiarity with SOLID practices and/or domain driven design
- Occasionally, you end the day with more lines of code removed than added; and that feels great
Does that sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.