Quartet is a leading tech-enabled behavioral health company that works with health plans, systems, and provider groups to deliver speed to quality behavioral health care for all. Through sophisticated data and analytics, along with personalized services, Quartet exists to advance quality care as defined by four measures: speed to care, seamless patient experiences, improved health outcomes, and affordability for patients. The company is backed by venture funding from top investors including Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners, Deerfield Management, Echo Health Ventures, Centene Corporation, and Independence Health Group.
innovaTel is a leading telepsychiatry provider dedicated to improving access to exceptional psychiatric care. innovaTel partners with clinical organizations to provide a range of services to both adults and children including psychiatric evaluations, therapy, medication management, patient education and consultations.
In 2021, Quartet acquired innovaTel and are now coming together to deliver on our shared mission, delivering speed to quality mental health care for all. We are deeply committed to growing a diverse team and an equitable and inclusive culture where all Quartetians are empowered to be themselves and do their best work. We know this is vital in realizing our mission to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. As part of our commitment to building a diverse team, we have signed the Parity Pledge and actively encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
About the team & opportunity
Quartet is seeking an experienced, passionate and practical leader with a strong technical skill set and vision. This individual will be driven to guide the Quartet Engineering Department towards the individual’s technical vision for the platform. This individual will have a hands-on leadership style mentoring and coaching their team members, as well as implementing key architectural components.
You will lead and build a team of skilled engineers that will design and enhance Quartet’s Core Platform. You will be the leader in charge of the technical direction of the engineering department. You will guide architectural decisions, propose and implement technical initiatives. You’ll be involved in decisions that affect key areas of Quartet’s Platform ensuring a robust future for new and existing features.
- Building and growing your own team to support your technical vision for the future of Quartet’s Platform.
- Leading cross team projects.
- Coaching and mentoring other specialists on the team to ensure that all software developed is aligned with your strategic technical vision.
- Collaborate efficiently with product management, technical program management, operations, and other engineering teams to capture requirements, drive implementation, and provide transparency.
- Create technical designs
- Document system architecture
- Promote and maintain good engineering culture and practices
- Identify, track and propose resolution strategy for technical debt
- Ensuring a stable and robust system is developed consistent with business requirements
- 10+ years of related experience crafting large-scale, highly available services.
- Strong back-end programming skills such as Java, Kotlin, Go, Scala or other object-oriented languages, and a strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, databases, etc.)
- Experience with database design, operation and optimization.
- Experience building RESTful, RPC, or GraphQL services.
- Experience using source control systems (such as Git) and CI/CD pipelines (such as Jenkins).
- An ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- A broad perspective on problem-solving.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to share your knowledge with team members.
- Experience with Identity Management in distributed systems
- Experience deploying and scaling within a cloud infrastructure (such as AWS).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience
- Experience directly mentoring a team.
- Deep experience designing and building solutions with messaging systems (such as SQS, SNS or similar products).
- Experience with immutable deployment artifacts such as docker images and orchestrating runtime of these artifacts (such as kubernetes).
- Experience supporting the operations of a platform, including log collection, metric collection, alerting and system usage monitoring.
- Strong system diagramming and documentation skills.
- Communicating and maintaining trustful relationships with external clients.
- Experience with infrastructure as code systems (such as Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, ansible etc)
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, team events, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental and military leave, commuter benefits, 401K, and stock option grants.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential job duties - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require assistance in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Have someone to refer? Email email@example.com to submit their details to us.