*4-6 month contract with potential to convert permanent - fully remote / must be based in US
Quartet is a leading tech-enabled behavioral health company that works with health plans, systems, and provider groups to deliver speed to quality behavioral health care for all. Through sophisticated data and analytics, along with personalized services, Quartet exists to advance quality care as defined by four measures: speed to care, seamless patient experiences, improved health outcomes, and affordability. The company is backed by venture funding from top investors including Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners, Deerfield Management, Echo Health Ventures, Centene Corporation, and Independence Health Group.
We are deeply committed to growing a diverse team and an equitable and inclusive culture where all Quartetians are empowered to be themselves and do their best work. We know this is vital in realizing our mission to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. As part of our commitment to building a diverse team, we have signed the Parity Pledge and actively encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
About the team & opportunity
Quartet’s Core Platform team owns and operates a variety of backend services that support end-user applications and integrations with internal and external systems. These services are written in Kotlin, Java and Python, are typically supported by PostgreSQL, and run on AWS. Day to day, Core Platform engineers work in cross functional teams with members from the product team and other engineering teams to add capabilities and features to a system that is helping people receive the mental health care they need most.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and designers
- Define, estimate and deliver system features and capabilities
- Design scalable and secure technical solutions
- Consistently deliver high quality and well tested code to production
- Review code contributions to Core Platform owned services
- Support the system by participating in the on-call rotation
- At least five years professional experience writing production quality code, with the majority of
that being in Java
- Experience building web APIs and awareness of common API design principles
- Experience with SQL, relational database modeling and schema migration strategies
- Experience deploying services on a major cloud provider (AWS/Azure/GCP)
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with JVMs and programing in any of the following: Kotlin, Scala, Groovy
- Demonstrated understanding of continuous delivery
- Experience working with third party APIs
- Experience managing cloud resources with Terraform
- Experienced with postgres
- A background working in a healthcare setting and/or working with EHRs
Quartet actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential job duties - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require assistance in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Have someone to refer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit their details to us.