Quartet is a platform that makes it easier for people to get the best mental health care for them. Our technology and services reach people who need care, connect them to the right care, track the quality of their care, and support their care journeys. Backed by $160.5MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners, Deerfield Management, Centene Corporation, and Echo Health Ventures, Quartet partners with health insurance plans and health systems in 32 states across the country to help people get the care they need.
We are deeply committed to growing a diverse team and an equitable and inclusive culture where all Quartetians are empowered to be themselves and do their best work. We know this is vital in realizing our mission to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. As part of our commitment to building a diverse team, we have signed the Parity Pledge and actively encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
About Quartet's Internship Program:
“Quartet hires the best and brightest minds to get patients the right care, at the right time.”
Quartet employees, known as Quartetians, work together within a common set of values; we collaborate and make a difference through Building Trust, Amplifying Diverse Perspectives, Advocating Fiercely, Showing Up in Earnest and Embodying Kindness. We are driven by the knowledge and passion of our colleagues, our desire to put in quality work for the sake of our patients, and our recognition that every Quartetian has something important to say, value to add, and a life outside of work.
In our summer internship, you will get a hands-on introduction to working at a mental healthcare technology start-up and the opportunity to work alongside experts in their craft in a wide variety of disciplines. You will work on real projects that deliver real impact for people, receive mentorship and feedback, form lasting connections beyond your time here, and discover whether healthcare technology is the right career path for you.
About the team & opportunity:
The Business Development team is responsible for bringing in new revenue to Quartet by selling to Health Plans and Health Systems across the country. Our team is accountable to deliver revenue generating partnerships with these enterprise customers. Business Development (BD) at Quartet is much more than sales. We are joined at the hip with our partners across the organization to help with product development, marketing, and importantly, customer success. All campaigns require a very high touch with the prospective client - we work on individual campaigns for months at a time and work with a large number of senior external stakeholders.
The BD Intern will play a critical role in helping the team execute on sales goals. The BD Intern will lead specific research projects that will meaningfully contribute to business development activities and success, with a strong emphasis on cross-functional collaboration. These projects will focus on how we incorporate Quartet’s expanded offering(s) into our core sales process and will include developing sales collateral and strategy to equip the deal leaders. Additionally, the intern will have exposure to the BD sales process by directly supporting deal leaders (where needed) on client campaigns to help progress sales opportunities.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams to conduct research project(s) and develop sales strategy and generalized marketing collateral to communicate our expanded offerings to prospective clients
- Educate the BD team and equip them with the right materials to explain product, value and implementation strategy of our expanded offerings to prospective clients
- Support deal leaders to execute on selling our expanded offerings and get exposure to the BD sales process. This may include value creation shaping, buyer mapping, and producing campaign material (game plans, Google slides decks, memos, proposals etc.).
- 3+ years of healthcare experience preferably in the payor and/or provider spaces
- 2+ years supporting complex client engagements and/or sales initiatives
- Collaborative team player with a proven ability to partner cross-functionally
- Strong written and oral communication skills; strong analytical abilities
- Currently working in, or prior experience in the healthcare consulting, investment banking, or strategy/business development industries
- Experience with, or training on, strategy development and/or complex problem-solving
- Direct sales experience is preferred
- MBA (either completed or in-process)
Your cover letter must include the following information:
- Why you are interested in Quartet Health
- Three to five bullet points detailing what you want to achieve during your internship.
- Your availability to intern on a full-time basis, and also what dates are you available to join full-time after your internship is complete?
- Duration of internship: June 14 - August 20, 2021, commitment of 40 hours per week (Monday through Friday). All internships are paid.
- Internship applications will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis, all applications must be submitted by April 30, 2021.
- Due to COVID-19 precautions, this internship will be remote / virtual, so you can work from home in any location to participate.
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, team events, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental and military leave, commuter benefits, 401K, and stock option grants.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential job duties - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require assistance in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com .
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Have someone to refer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit their details to us.