Quartet is a pioneering healthcare technology company striving to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. We connect people to a personalized care team to get them the right care at the right time. Our collaborative technology platform and range of services brings together physicians, mental health providers, and insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes and drive down healthcare costs. Backed by $153MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners and Centene Corporation, Quartet is headquartered in NYC and is currently operating in several markets across the United States — Pennsylvania, Washington, Northern California, New Jersey, North Carolina, Louisiana, and Illinois.
About the team & Opportunity:
The AWS Systems Network Engineer will design, configure and support a secured cloud infrastructure. Provide technical direction for architecture of cloud technologies. Leverage technologies such as Terraform and Ansible to script and automate routine tasks (security groups, EC2, deployments, etc). Develop documentation, user manuals, and policy and procedure information for AWS architecture. Create a strategy plan for deployments, define structure for production/DR environments. Report to management daily on project status, deployment results and daily operations. Monitor system performance and log data; look for precursors to issues before they become bigger problems. Apply aggressive systems security best practices and ensure accurate logging and alerting of security-related issues. Ensure 99.999% uptime and availability of key production systems and supporting infrastructure. Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation. Stay up-to-date on all current and future AWS services and tools and provide guidance and evangelism on how best to make use of current and emerging cloud infrastructure to support company growth. Collaborate with the security team to ensure necessary controls to Cloud services are deployed and tested. This position works closely with our engineering and security teams, external partners and service providers to ensure our systems are stable, secure, reliable and provide a fast, responsive experience for our customers.
- Strong background working within an AWS public infrastructure
- Experience with architecting and maintaining high availability production systems
- Advanced experience in configuration, management and deployment of AWS environments (EC2, S3, IAM, RDS, RedShift, VPC, Security Groups, NACL, EMR, VPN, Directory Services, etc.)
- Knowledge of Network infrastructure, protocols (LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, VPN, FCoE, etc.)
- Deep understanding of Infrastructure as Code principles and experience with Terraform and Ansible.
- Linux Server Administration with focus on securing access and configuration
- Configuration alerts on industry standard network monitoring systems (Datadog, ELK Stack, Kibana etc)
- Identifying system vulnerabilities and securing AWS environments
- Experience with Agile and DevOps concepts Developing monitoring architecture and implementing monitoring agents, dashboards, escalations and alerts
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins and Ansible
- Strong skills in Python and Bash scripting.
- HIPAA cloud infrastructure experience
- 5+ years of comprehensive AWS experience
- 5+ years of Linux Server Administration experience
- Current AWS Solutions Architect Professional Certification (or in progress) or AWS Engineer (or in progress)
- Bachelor’s Degree or Certification with work experience in a related field
- Good knowledge of security (SAML, OAuth, OpenID, Kerberos, Policies, entitlements etc.)
- Ubuntu Linux in-depth knowledge Infrastructure deployment experience in the Public cloud Knowledge of security controls for the Public cloud (encryption of data in motion/rest and key management).
- Exposure to HIPAA or other compliance-based settings
- Expertise in Kubernetes, both as a client as well as owner of the platform.
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, catered lunches, snacks, team events and outings, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 401K, stock option grants, gym benefits.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.