Quartet is a pioneering healthcare technology company striving to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. We connect people to a personalized care team to get them the right care at the right time. Our collaborative technology platform and range of services brings together physicians, mental health providers, and insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes and drive down healthcare costs. Backed by $153MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners and Centene Corporation, Quartet is headquartered in NYC and is currently operating in several markets across the United States — Pennsylvania, Washington, Northern California, New Jersey, North Carolina, Louisiana, and Illinois.
About the team & Opportunity:
The mission of the Communications and Social Media Manager is to position Quartet to grow its brand, engagement, and thought leadership in the mental health care space. This will be done through leading social media across multiple channels, drafting communications materials and pitching media, and helping to advance Quartet’s communications and public relations priorities. You’ll also compose internal communications to ensure the Quartet team is aligned, and keep the organization informed on what’s driving the news each day.
This individual is an excellent writer and storyteller. You comfortably write across various mediums with a strong understanding of audience. You have the capacity to tell compelling stories that humanize our work. You love developing creative ideas and related content, bringing the stories to life in various formats. You will work closely with others to develop social media and communications plans that drive results.
You also have an extraordinary sense of how to build and manage community online via social channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Quartet is on the frontlines of shaping the future of mental health care. With this comes the opportunity to more actively engage in and lead on conversations around mental health care, and how to advance the company mission to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions through technology and services. We are eager to find a leader who understands the health care and mental health care space and is eager to dive in to help grow our voice and leadership.
Reporting to the Director, Public Relations and Communications, you’ll collaborate as an integral part of an External Affairs and Marketing team that is passionate about our mission to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions.
Core components of this role are the following:
- Social media: Own organic social media strategy, execution, and community management across multiple channels. Work closely with Performance Marketing to further amplify communications via paid campaigns.
- External communications: Draft external communications materials, such as blogs, media releases, op-eds, fact sheets, etc
- Media & PR: Manage and engage media and press opportunities, research audiences, and monitor media
Specifically, this individual is responsible for the following portfolio:
Social media community management
- Build and grow a Quartet community via social channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Create and implement a social media strategy that amplifies company-wide priorities, aligning with the communications strategy
- Develop and publish relevant, original, high-quality content for all channels
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Develop and expand community and influencer outreach efforts
- Be the expert on Quartet audiences, and how we build trust, resonance and engagement with them via content, channels, and cadence
- Develop KPIs, reporting on key metrics and informing strategy as needed based on performance data
- Ensure alignment between internal and external messages
Content creation and strategy
- Implement a communications calendar to create content and plan specific, timely communications campaigns
- Write press releases, op-eds, blogs, fact sheets, and other media communications to promote Quartet
- Manage internal sign-off processes.
Media and press
- Compile and analyze daily media clips to understand and respond to the daily news cycle
- Pitch story ideas to media and coordinate media requests
- Secure strategic press placements that contribute to advancing Quartet’s goals
- Foster and build relationships with key journalists
- Help identify PR-related concerns when/if they emerge and promptly flag them to be addressed
- Continuously strive to understand the value that different audiences gets from working with Quartet, and how to build trust, engage them, and drive support for Quartet.
- Monitor news, online conversations, content channels, and industry landscape for current trends and opportunities.
- Work collaboratively across Marketing & External Affairs, People & HR, Clinical, Data, Business Development and other teams.
- Establish workflows for creating, editing, and publishing content.
- Employ systems and processes to monitor content quality, remove problematic content, and make any necessary updates to ensure high quality and relevance of all brand content.
- Collaborate with Design to leverage brand design assets.
- BA/BS, plus minimum four years of social media management
- PR experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including expertise in grammar and proofreading.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Strong health care and mental health care knowledge; ability to engage in policy and stakeholder conversations to reflect Quartet’s positioning.
- Editorial mindset, seeking to understand what audiences consume and how to create it.
- Experience with Google analytics, social media channels, WordPress (or other CMS).
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex and fast-moving environment.
- Able to develop the right voice for each social media platform.
- Proven ability to build a social media community.
- Ability to analyze and measure content performance.
- You are kind to people, can get along well with others, and have a passion for our mission.
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, catered lunches, snacks, team events and outings, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 401K, stock option grants, gym benefits.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Please note: Quartet interview requests and job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. email@example.com). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have someone to refer? Email email@example.com to submit their details to us.