Quartet is a pioneering healthcare technology company striving to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. We connect people to a personalized care team to get them the right care at the right time. Our collaborative technology platform and range of services brings together physicians, mental health providers, and insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes and drive down healthcare costs. Backed by $153MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners and Centene Corporation, Quartet is headquartered in NYC and is currently operating in several markets across the United States — Pennsylvania, Washington, Northern California, New Jersey, North Carolina, Louisiana, and Illinois.
About the team & Opportunity:
Quartet’s Data Platform team uses cutting-edge data engineering frameworks to help solve one of the most urgent problems in our society.
Data Platform Engineer is a cross-cutting role that involves handling both complex business problems and complex technology: our incoming data sources are crucial to guiding correct clinical decisions and creating a stellar product. You will build and scale systems that ingest, standardize, enrich, and load external healthcare data sources. You will also build data exploration and munging infrastructure to support our growing data integration team.
Working with analysts, data scientists, clinicians, and product managers, you will collaborate across the company on our shared mission.
- Work as a member of an agile scrum team
- Develop robust and production level code to implement new product features in collaboration with other engineers and subject matter experts
- Troubleshoot problems and improve product quality
- Take pride and ownership of the code and build high quality software
- Strong proficiency with Python (ideally PySpark)
- Experience with AWS S3, EC2, EMR, Redshift or an equivalent cloud-hosted infrastructure
- Interest in building distributed computing and orchestration frameworks; we use Apache Spark and Airflow
- Experience writing and productionizing complex data transformations in SQL and related frameworks
- Strong oral and written communication, including experience writing detailed design proposals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of health systems and technologies, especially involving healthcare claims data
- Strong background in statistics
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, catered lunches, snacks, team events and outings, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 401K, stock option grants, gym benefits.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Please note: Quartet interview requests and job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. email@example.com). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have someone to refer? Email email@example.com to submit their details to us.