Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
Quantum-Si is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Technician to join our Facilities & EHS team. This full-time role is based at Quantum-Si’s Branford, CT location. The Facilities Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for responsible for overseeing the daily operations, services, and repairs and maintenance of the laboratory and office space of the Branford facility. This role reports into to the Director of Global Facilities & EHS.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
Facilities Operations & Engineering
- Serve as the primary internal customer interface for facilities.
- Receive, respond, and resolve all Facilities work requests including but not limited to temperature control, lighting and electrical, plumbing, janitorial, waste management.
- Monitor temperature, trends and make modifications in the BMS software system.
- Schedule and oversee services provided by third-party contractors (security, specialty contractors, janitorial, landscaping, pest control, snow removal, roads, waste removal, etc.).
- Able to perform light facilities related tasks and repairs such as build/move furniture and lab bench modifications, build/install storage /shelving units, markerboards, etc. repair of toilet/bathroom fixtures, etc.
- Respond to critical alarms for equipment systems. Assist with troubleshooting and repairs.
- Physical Security: Support physical security activities such as ensuring site security during construction, hosting vendors into restricted areas, and maintaining security hardware (card readers, cameras, etc)
- Shipping and Receiving: Support shipping and receiving activities including receipt, delivery and tracking of packages, organization of the shipping and receiving area and ensuring all packing materials are properly handled, recycled and disposed of correctly.
- Serve as a main point of contact for site emergency response planning, site shutdowns, physical security of Branford, CT site.
- Create and maintain a facilities planned maintenance schedule including required inspections of safety equipment, facility infrastructure and utilities, and lab equipment.
- Coordinate and supervise all contractors and service providers when on site.
- Act as the Site Safety Coordinator in the event of an emergency.
- Safety: Ensure all vendors/contractors comply Quantum-Si’s compliance programs and procedures including any Hot work, LOTO (Lock Out/Tag Out); uphold all safety procedures and safety practices.
- Safety: Support safety inspections as required and assist with all facility-related safety issue corrections. May be required to test facilities safety equipment such as fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, safety shower / eyewashes- and update safety logs monthly.
- Assists as needed to perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency 2 Year Trade School or 3 years related industry experience or some combination thereof.
- 3-5 years of experience in coordinating services related to building operation and maintenance.
- Maintenance experience within a pharmaceutical/R&D, technical or manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Role will require ability to provide 24 hour/emergency response support, after hours response to emergency issues and on-call with Fire Department and other Regulatory agencies as required.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and general working knowledge of Internet for business use.
- Ability to lift 30+ lbs.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) system and BMS (building monitoring systems) familiarity a plus.
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off - personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave - we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful brand new office space in Branford, CT
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
The estimated base salary range for this role based in the United States of America is: $50,000-$75,000. Compensation decisions are dependent on several factors including, but not limited to, level of the position, an individual’s skills, knowledge and abilities, location where the role is to be performed, internal equity, and alignment with market data. Additionally, all full-time employees are eligible for our discretionary bonus program and equity as part of the compensation package.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.