Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The R&D team at Quantum-Si is responsible for bringing our technology to life. For more than a decade, next-generation DNA sequencing has transformed every aspect of the life sciences. However, genetics is only one component of human disease. New tools are required to understand how genes interact with the environment to improve how we develop drugs, diagnose patients, and combat outbreaks. The R&D team plays a critical role in developing products that will be used all around the world. Come work alongside a world-class team of scientists and engineers to define a new frontier for next generation sequencing.
As Sr. Scientist, Automation, you will bring expertise in developing automated solutions for complex chemical and biological tasks. In this role, you will be responsible for the development, optimization, and troubleshooting of sample preparation and other processes at the core of our sequencing technology. You have a deep love for working in a fast-paced pre-commercial startup environment and are self-motivated.
As part of our Automation team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Development, optimization, and troubleshooting of automation of sample preparation and other key processes at the foundation of a single-molecule protein sequencing technology
- Characterization of automated platform using biochemical, biophysical, and engineering techniques
- Leverage automation expertise to develop new solutions to complex sample preparation or other methods and workflows.
- MA/MS + 3 years of experience or Ph.D. + 1 year of experience; specializing in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, or related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of biochemistry process.
- Hands-on experience with protein enrichment, digestion, modification, conjugation and relevant analytical methods is a requirement.
- Experience with Immunoprecipitation and LC-MS is required.
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute experiments to optimize and enhance manual or automated biochemistry workflows independently and creatively.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes:
- Interest in transforming the manual biochemistry process to automation and a passion for creating simple solutions to complex sample preparation problems using microfluids systems.
- Critical attention to detail and ability to apply user input into daily activities to create solutions that the end user may not realize they need.
- Familiarity with a computer language is a bonus.
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off - personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave - we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.