Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
We are seeking a talented individual that can take responsibility for the growth and management of our software organization. As the leader, you would be responsible for all areas of our multi-faceted software development including cloud applications, instrument control software and firmware, algorithms, and bioinformatics and data science. To be successful in this role, you will need to span across multiple disciplines to meet the needs of our internal teams and our customers. This position demands a hands-on leader with the demonstrated ability to coach and mentor software engineers and managers in all aspects of software development, including ideation, road-mapping, project planning, coding, testing, troubleshooting, deployment and maintenance.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Proactively manage growth, training, structure of the teams, identify gaps in the organization and build the team as necessary to meet project requirements and deadlines
- Develop a Quality team to identify gaps and implement solutions
- Manage and mentor the individual software team leads and develop their skills as leaders in their respective areas
- Collaborate with Product and R&D teams to translate business and product requirements and specifications into well-defined, actionable projects and tasks
- Work with R&D leadership to plan our future roadmap and scale our technology and software solutions
- Reinforce a philosophy of innovation and simplicity while balancing the opportunity for well-specified, understood and documented design
- Utilize advanced technologies like DL/ML as appropriate to improve performance
- Clearly define and implement development methodologies and best practices for the various projects
- Adapt to rapidly changing technology and product requirements
- Implement efficient tools for internal documentation, communication, and training
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- 15+ years experience in a software leadership position
- Experience delivering software to market in support of a complex system including
- Data analysis software, including DL/ML algorithms
- Instrument or embedded system control software
- Cloud/online tools
- Experience supporting an internal R&D team with automated tools
- 5+ years experience developing software for use in regulated clinical markets
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to change, mentor and motivate others
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience and understanding of SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Life Science industry experience
- Experience working with an in-house / contract development model
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Fully covered medical insurance plan along with a generous company sponsored health reimbursement account, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability
- Flexible Paid Time Off - personal responsibility for managing our own time, workload and results plus 14 paid holidays inclusive of MLK Day, Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day and Veterans Day
- Parental Leave - we provide a generous 10 week parental leave and additional 6-8 weeks pregnancy related leave for birthing parents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut OR Beautiful office in the heart of San Diego
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.