Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
We are looking for a senior data engineer to build and maintain our data engineering pipelines and data warehouse infrastructure. Our teams work with a wide array of datasets from device telemetry and manufacturing to bioinformatics. As a Data Engineer, you will help build and deploy data products that will help transform healthcare.
- Design, develop and support data pipelines, warehouses and reporting systems to support R&D, manufacturing, and field operations
- Create extract, transform, and load (ETLs) and reporting systems for new data using a variety of cloud applications
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and support engineers to develop new solutions for evolving product and customer needs
- Help support and maintain the data platform infrastructure (Tech stack - AWS, Redshift, Airflow, DBT, Superset, GIT, Kubernetes)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 2+ years of experience
- Experience with one general purpose programming language (e.g., Python, Java, C/C++)
- Experience in data processing using traditional and distributed systems (e.g. Airflow, Spark, Dataflow)
- Experience designing data models and data warehouses and using SQL and NoSQL database management systems
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Advanced degree in engineering or technical/scientific field of study
- Experience designing data models and data warehouses and with non-relational data storage systems (NoSQL and distributed database management systems)
- Experience writing and maintaining ETLs which operate on a variety of structured and unstructured sources
- Experience in large scale distributed data processing
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem and Redshift
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.