Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
We are seeking a talented individual to lead our effort to build the next generation of our compute and data services. We generate large amounts of complex data every day that needs to be processed, analyzed, archived and cached for future access. Our compute and data infrastructure spans local and cloud data centers and services and aims to provide seamless access to data across boundaries. The compute and data services infrastructure supports various groups of users including scientists who rely on it for fast search and access to analysis, data scientists who run complex distributed computational workflows, and machine learning engineers who need fast and easy access to custom subsets of data. The infrastructure comprises various file system based data stores, databases, compute clusters, and a number of custom-built microservices that orchestrate data moving through complex pipelines, provide access to data, schedule and execute complex computational workflows. This is a tremendous opportunity to work with state of the art technologies to engineer a scalable and complex distributed system with high QoS and uptime.
- API and services development
- Python, Node.js
- Flask, Nginx
- Container and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS
- PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy
- Scaling http services and optimizing data throughput
- Designing and building transparent solutions that we can monitor with modern tools, logging, and metrics
- Compute: EC2 / ECR / Spot fleets
- Storage & messaging: SQS / S3 / Glacier
- Automation: Auto Scaling / CloudFormation
- Distributed computing
- Setting up clusters and optimizing for cost, performance, and availability (Spark, Kubernetes, Slurm)
- Effective caching strategies within computational environments
- Automating computational pipelines and batch workflows
- Good knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu/Debian), networking and file systems
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.