Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $44 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
The System Integration team plays a critical role in forging together all parts of our system into products that will be used all around the world. Come work alongside a world-class team of scientists and engineers to define a new frontier for next generation sequencing.
In this role you will collaborate on development projects that push the boundaries on performance and usability of our protein sequencing platform. You will work closely with functional teams across the organization as we develop, integrate, and validate new features into our instrument, kit, and chip products. Your contributions may range from optimizing workflows and software features to improve the customer experience, to gleaning insights on performance improvements by analyzing large data sets of single-molecule signals.
The successful candidate will conduct and analyze system integration evaluations for a highly technical, multidisciplinary automated workflow. As part of our team, your core responsibilities will include:
- Develop and execute experiments that improve the performance of next-generation protein sequencing assays.
- Characterize instrument and software functionality of the optical sequencing technology with cutting edge biological, chemical, and engineering techniques
- Drive the implementation of workflow improvements through creative optimization and rigorous troubleshooting of software features
- Analyze multiple sources of data to identify root causes and areas of improvement.
- Ph.D. degree in Biomedical Engineering, Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering with biology minor, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute experiments to optimize and enhance workflows independently and creatively
- Programming experience such as Python or C++
- Strong attention to detail, ability to follow complex protocols accurately and reproducibly.
- Keen powers of observation, able to identify and capture critical insights associated with testing processes.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic who can work independently, but who also functions well in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent writing and communication skills are required, and the ability to interact well in group meetings/working environments in the face of tight timelines.
- Experience with one or more of the following areas: Next Generation Sequencing workflows and reagents, semiconductor devices, lasers, silicon photonics, optomechanics, control systems.
- Experience working in startup environments
You deeply identify with core Quantum-Si values:
- Team: We are stronger as a unit and collectively committed to the goal and each other.
- Accountability: Be accountable to the goal, the team and yourself.
- Passion: We are enthusiastic and dedicated to expanding scientific understanding and its impact.
- Excellence: Be aggressive and have a sense of urgency but take pride in each task taken on.
- Transparency: We align as an organization and communicate success and challenge.
- Competitive: We do not fear but learn from making mistakes. We play to win!
- Diversity: Each individual regardless of role makes a difference and impacts our progress.
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.