Quantum-Si is pioneering a new generation of technology to create the market of Next Generation Protein Sequencing (NGPS). Similar to Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS), which gave us a blueprint of what could happen by studying our DNA, NGPS enables an unbiased view of the proteome through improved scale, resolution, and sensitivity leading to better understanding of disease and improved general health.
We operate at the intersection of biochemistry, chemistry, hardware, molecular biology, photonics, semiconductor chips, and software with a goal to drive a digital transformation of a $36 billion dollar proteomics market.
Join us on the journey to transform healthcare, motivated by the idea that the products you work on will change the lives of millions of people around the world.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Independently explore new chemical processing methods for continuous improvement of sensor chip performance
- Develop and optimize quality control for biochemical & physical assays and chemical processing
- Perform key assays routinely and build statistical correlations between check-point assays and end-application performance
- Drive solutions for process automation and scale-up
- Pay attention to detail and become proficient in recognizing process issues as well as documenting, communicating, and addressing them proactively
- Maintain and update the database of process details, and continuously improve to ensure that it is traceable and transferrable.
- Ph.D. degree in chemical engineering, biochemistry, chemistry, physics, or a related field with a good understand of the underlying physics
- Deep knowledge in biochemistry and its associated mechanisms
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex experimental challenges independently and creatively
- Proficient in statistical analysis and familiar with software tools such as JMP, R, or others.
- Familiar with some programming language for automation, such as Python or Matlab.
- General knowledge of chemistry, wet lab processing, and film deposition tools.
- Wet lab experience and good lab practice are required.
You Deeply Identify with Core Quantum-Si Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks.
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Quantum-Si does not accept agency resumes.
Quantum-Si is an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.