Quantum Coffee is a meeting place, a community centre and a destination for quality coffee. Quantum Coffee employees work to anticipate and fulfill customer needs, ensuring a welcoming environment.
As a Key Holder, you will work at various stations throughout the coffee bar, and will work with all others in the coffee bar during your scheduled shifts. The Key Holder reports to the Manager.
Key Holder Responsibilities
- Use Point-Of-Sale (POS) system, cash handling and producing end of day sales reports
- Train, support and lead the team on the floor
- Provide coaching to team members as needed
- Go above and beyond to provide memorable experiences for our guests
- Executes store operations during scheduled shifts
- Organizes opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Follow Quantum Coffee operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all employees during each shift.
- Follow up with baristas during the shift to ensure the delivery of customer service for all customers.
- Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products
- Craft specialty coffee beverages and serve baked goods
- Communicate any issues or concerns in a timely manner with the Manager
- A positive attitude, a smile, a passion for coffee and the ability to multitask
Skills & Abilities
- Able to direct the work of others
- Able to learn quickly
- Effective oral communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to read situations and problem solve quickly
- Able to keep a calm demeanor during service
- Availability to work flexible shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a regular work shift, 6 - 8 hours
- Intermittent bending, kneeling and squatting
- Occasional carrying and lifting, up to 50lb
Summary of Experience
- 1-2 years of barista experience
- Shift supervisor experience preferred
- Experience with TouchBistro point of sale is an asset.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Quantum Coffee is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.