Quantum Coffee is a meeting place, a community centre and a destination for quality coffee. Quantum Coffee employees work to anticipate and fulfill customer needs, ensuring a welcoming environment.
As a Barista, you will work at various stations throughout the coffee bar, and will work with all others in the coffee bar during your scheduled shifts. Baristas report to the Manager and Shift Supervisors as required.
- Craft specialty coffee beverages and serve baked goods
- Use Point-Of-Sale (POS) system and handle cash accurately
- Interact with customers, maintain customer service standard
- Maintain safe and healthy work environments by following company standard operating procedures
- Restock supplies, detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Cleaning of coffee machines and equipment
- A positive attitude, a smile and a passion for coffee
- High volume experience, being able to work on multiple orders at once
- Outgoing personality with strong work ethic
Skills & Abilities
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to read situations and problem solve quickly
- Able to keep a calm demeanor during service
- Possess a well-balanced repertoire of interpersonal skills
- Possess strong verbal communication
- Availability to work flexible shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a regular work shift, 6 - 8 hours
- Intermittent bending, kneeling and squatting
- Occasional carrying and lifting, up to 50lb
Summary of Experience
- 1+ years of barista experience preferred
- Experience with TouchBistro point of sale is an asset.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Quantum Coffee is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.