- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or another relevant field
- Experience in software engineering practices
- 6+ years’ experience in software engineering
- Comfortable working with a number of different programming languages e.g. Python, Java, C, C++
- Familiar with basic software engineering patterns and multiple programming paradigms, e.g. functional programming, OOP, etc.
- Experience in developing and designing medium-sized projects, preferably libraries, frameworks or enterprise software
- Significant experience collaborating in a product engineering environment
- Experience working in highly scaled data problems (e.g. distributed computing, Spark, Kafka)
- Working on or contributing to frameworks and tools, either internal or open source
- Experience working with production AI/ML it would be a strong advantage
- Writing and collaborating on highly insightful, comprehensive code reviews
- Experience independently scoping and implementing solutions for your product
- Extraordinary in-depth understanding of your assets architecture, systematically thinking through potential design impacts on other teams and the company
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
As a software engineer you will architect, develop and deliver the best products possible for use by QuantumBlack and our clients. You will leverage, develop, and master best-practices around modern tools that support rapid development of analytics solutions like Python, Spark, Luigi, Airflow and others.
Who you are
A core value at QuantumBlack is fusion and at the heart of our multi-disciplinary teams is the belief that the sum of individual parts will always be less than the impact of the entire team. You are a highly collaborative individual who is capable of laying aside your own agenda, listening to and learning from colleagues, challenging thoughtfully and prioritising impact. You search for ways to improve things and work collaboratively with colleagues. You believe in iterative change, experimenting with new approaches, learning and improving to move forward quickly. Trust between colleagues is paramount here – you are an individual who can always be trusted to work in the best interests of all colleagues and to achieve the best outcome for QuantumBlack and our clients. You are naturally enthusiastic and enjoy sharing your passion with others.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
With our focus on solving problems using data, you will learn to deeply understand the Data Science and Data Engineering process and help develop impactful and reusable patterns and abstractions used by our clients and teams. You will experience the thrill of building a growing product and evolving the engineering process to handle more users, harder problems and more advanced client situations. You’ll be able to continuously exercise your unique problem-solving skills by being involved with the most exciting new challenges that industry has to offer.
- Build frameworks and libraries that our teams of Data Scientists and Data Engineers use to go from data to impact.
- Work with leadership to set the standards for software engineering best practices
- Produce high-quality code that allows us to put solutions into production
- Review team members' code or debate approaches to complex technical challenges
- Continuously evaluate our process for optimisations and help us to shape the next generation of our products
What you’ll learn
- Real-World Impact – No project is ever the same; we work across multiple sectors, providing unique learning and development opportunities internationally.
- Fusing Tech & Leadership – We work with the latest technologies and methodologies and offer first class learning programmes at all levels.
- Multidisciplinary Teamwork - Our teams include data scientists, engineers, project managers, UX and visual designers who work collaboratively to enhance performance.
- Innovative Work Culture – Creativity, insight and passion come from being balanced. We cultivate a modern work environment through an emphasis on wellness, insightful talks and training sessions.
- Striving for Diversity – With colleagues from over 40 nationalities, we recognise the benefits of working with people from all walks of life.
We guide global companies through data science solutions to transform their businesses and enhance performance across industries including healthcare, automotive, energy and elite sport.
- We helped a healthcare provider improve their clinical trial practices by identifying congestion in diagnostic testing as a key indicator of admissions breaches.
- We designed and built the first data-driven application for a state of the art centre of excellence in urban innovation by collecting real-time data from environmental sensors across London and deploying proprietary analytics to find unexpected patterns in air pollution.
- We worked with the CEO of an elite automotive organisation to reduce the 18-month car development timeframe by improving processes, designs and team structures.
Visit our Careers site to watch our video and read about our interview processes and benefits.