- Strong reporting tool experience, with expert level ability in at least one of: Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik or Spotfire (along with a willingness to further develop your skills in these, as well as other reporting tools): a sample of your work or a portfolio will be requested!
- An exceptional eye for data visualisation design, and for telling data stories in visually compelling ways (with examples of past work).
- 2+ years of experience in business intelligence or related work (preferably in cross-functional teams).
- Database experience (such as any form of SQL).
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel experience (VBA not required).
- Strong client facing abilities and an interest in visiting client locations when needed.
- An interest in working within a consulting environment.
- A natural ability and interest for applying advanced analytics to solve client business problems.
- Comfortable working within an agile and iterative methodology.
- Willingness and ability to experiment and learn new skills, technologies and tools on the job.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
Would benefit from
- Experience in user research and UX design, and a willingness to develop in those skills.
- Understanding of basic statistics.
- Experience with software development principles.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll work in a genuinely cross-functional and highly creative team composed of data scientists, data engineers, designers and client service professionals.
Who you are
This is anything but a backroom role! It’s for people who want to get as close as possible to the analytics and visualisations. You will relish the challenge of getting your hands dirty with data, as much as creating beautiful visualisations from it.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will work in multi-disciplinary environments harnessing data to provide real-world impact for organisations globally. You will influence many of the recommendations our clients need to positively change their businesses and enhance performance.
- Design and build compelling data visualisations and interactive dashboards, with a focus on helping clients and colleagues to act on insights.
- Collaborate with data scientists and data engineers to explore, analyse and manipulate data sets.
- Work with designers and client service professionals to find new and inspiring ways of presenting data.
- Engage directly with the client to perform end user research where appropriate, and liaise with client stakeholders to gain an understanding of the relevant business logic.
- Build and code robust solutions for a productionised environment where required.
- Participate in a wide range of stimulating projects across many industries, with the likelihood of direct client contact and client site visits (potentially overseas).
What you’ll learn
- Real-World Impact – No project is ever the same; we work across multiple sectors, providing unique learning and development opportunities internationally.
- Fusing Tech & Leadership – We work with the latest technologies and methodologies and offer first class learning programmes at all levels.
- Multidisciplinary Teamwork - Our teams include data scientists, engineers, project managers, UX and visual designers who work collaboratively to enhance performance.
- Innovative Work Culture – Creativity, insight and passion come from being balanced. We cultivate a modern work environment through an emphasis on wellness, insightful talks and training sessions.
- Striving for Diversity – With colleagues from over 40 nationalities, we recognise the benefits of working with people from all walks of life.
Our projects range from helping pharmaceutical companies bring lifesaving drugs to market quicker to optimising a Formula1 car’s performance. At QuantumBlack you have the best of both worlds; all the benefits of being part of one of the leading management consultancies globally and the autonomy to thrive in a fast growth tech culture:
- Healthcare Efficiency – We helped a healthcare provider improve their clinical trial practices by identifying congestion in diagnostic testing as a key indicator of admissions breaches.
- Environmental Impact – We designed and built the first data-driven application for a state of the art centre of excellence in urban innovation by collecting real-time data from environmental sensors across London and deploying proprietary analytics to find unexpected patterns in air pollution.
- Product Development – We worked with the CEO of an elite automotive organisation to reduce the 18-month car development timeframe by improving processes, designs and team structures.
Visit our Careers site to watch our video and read about our interview processes and benefits
As an equal opportunity employer, QuantumBlack encourages applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief. We maintain a sense of community rooted in respect and consideration for all employees where any evaluation is based simply upon individual work and team performance.