- Commercial project experience, including working in close-knit teams (5+ years)
- Experience creating highly visual web apps, using D3.js or similar libraries is a plus
- Knowledge of industry best practices and creating reusable components
- Experience with the performance-side of browser rendering when dealing with large volumes of data
- You should be confident engaging with technical and non-technical person
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You’ll work within our Engineering organization on a dedicated product team building software that will be used by our extensive list of clients as well as our client delivery teams. The products we build focus on making the journey of analytics more interpretable through organisation and visualizations. Frequently you’ll find yourself working with our design and UX colleagues to help spec, build, and test new features. Your team will include all the roles and support needed to make sure you are positioned for success.
Since we’re looking to fill roles on multiple product teams, we can have a conversation about which team best fits your skills and professional aspirations and take it from there.
Some examples of the work we do are below:
Who you are
If you pride yourself in the ability to convert complex design mock-ups into beautifully functional products, you’ll feel right at home. You believe in iterative change, experimenting with new approaches, learning and improving to move forward quickly. You are a highly collaborative individual who is capable of challenging thoughtfully and prioritising impact, laying aside your own agenda, listening to and learning from colleagues. You search for ways to improve things and work collaboratively with colleagues. A core value at QuantumBlack is fusion, and at the heart of our multi-disciplinary teams is the belief that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Trust between colleagues is paramount here – you are an individual who can always be trusted to work in the best interests of all colleagues and to achieve the best outcome for QuantumBlack and our clients. You are naturally enthusiastic and enjoy sharing your passion with others.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work in a cross-functional collaborative team to build visually compelling front-ends to our data and analytics applications
- Help build our internal frameworks and libraries, help define patterns & practices across all our projects
- Work closely with the Design Team to help realise their beautiful data visualisations and user interfaces
- Act as a bridge between the Design, Engineering and Data Science Team
Who we are
QuantumBlack teams work in multi-disciplinary environments harnessing data to provide real-world impact. We bring together the brightest data scientists, engineers and designers to take on the biggest problems facing the world’s most influential organisations. Our projects range from helping pharmaceutical companies bring lifesaving drugs to market quicker to optimising a Formula1 car’s performance. At QuantumBlack you have the best of both worlds; all the benefits of being part of one of the leading management consultancies globally and the autonomy to thrive in a fast growth tech culture:
- Real-World Impact - No project is ever the same; we work across multiple sectors, providing unique learning and development opportunities internationally.
- Fusing Tech & Leadership – We work with the latest technologies and methodologies and offer first class learning programmes at all levels.
- Multidisciplinary Teamwork - Our teams include data scientists, engineers, project managers, UX and visual designers who work collaboratively to enhance performance.
- Innovative Work Culture – Creativity, insight and passion come from being balanced. We cultivate a modern work environment through an emphasis on wellness, insightful talks and training sessions.
- Striving for Diversity – With colleagues from over 40 nationalities, we recognise the benefits of working with people from all walks of life.
What we do
We guide global companies through data science solutions to transform their businesses and enhance performance across industries including healthcare, automotive, energy and elite sport.
- We helped a healthcare provider improve their clinical trial practices by identifying congestion in diagnostic testing as a key indicator of admissions breaches.
- We designed and built the first data-driven application for a state of the art centre of excellence in urban innovation by collecting real-time data from environmental sensors across London and deploying proprietary analytics to find unexpected patterns in air pollution.
- We worked with the CEO of an elite automotive organisation to reduce the 18-month car development timeframe by improving processes, designs and team structures.