- Degree educated
- Experience in a Tech-enabled and, ideally, consulting client development role working with deep technical experts
- An understanding of the data science and/or Tech consulting space with a passion for the industry
- Experience managing multiple tasks and prioritising workload to align with business requirements
- A keen problem-solver work with specialist technical teams
- Good presentation and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will work alongside QB and McKinsey colleagues to support our client development capability, both day to day and in the longer term. You will primarily work with the Business Development team, but also with deep technical experts such as Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, Designers and Project Managers.
Who you are
You are a highly collaborative individual who is capable of laying aside your own agenda, listening to and learning from colleagues, challenging thoughtfully and prioritising impact. You search for ways to improve things and work collaboratively with colleagues. You believe in iterative change, experimenting with new approaches, learning and improving to move forward quickly.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will help co-ordinate our client development activities, with a focus on ensuring that all new projects align with our delivery protocols. You will accomplish this through the following elements:
Supporting QuantumBlack’s client development processes
You will be supporting client and McKinsey relationships and ongoing pipeline opportunities. As such you will be responsible for:
- supporting communication with potential clients and McKinsey colleagues to help educate them on how we work and QB’s capabilities
- owning our collateral library – archiving, updating and distributing case studies and other materials
- triaging new opportunities and tracking the development of the client relationship through a robust and rigorous process to ensure all projects are appropriately scoped and receive appropriate sign-off internally
- organising and helping to host client visits and collecting and archiving feedback and testimonials
- helping co-ordinate the development of client proposals, working closely with colleagues in specialist disciplines to ensure appropriate input and sign-off
- providing staffing with visibility of upcoming opportunities in order to plan for demand
- escalating any key risks or unconventional commercial arrangements
- helping produce and distribute reports on our pipeline
- prepare minuting and track actions regarding resourcing and commercial decisions at committee meetings
What you’ll learn
We are passionate about life-long learning and professional development. You will have different areas you are passionate to develop in and we will support those. We would expect that anyone in this role will develop skills in:
- Communicating complex topics in compelling and digestible ways
- Working alongside teams of deep specialists in a dynamic environment
- Operating at the cutting edge of applied data science in the real world
- Articulating the ethical, legal and commercial risks associated with that kind of work
Our projects range from helping pharmaceutical companies bring lifesaving drugs to market quicker to optimising a Formula1 car’s performance. At QuantumBlack you have the best of both worlds; all the benefits of being part of one of the leading management consultancies globally and the autonomy to thrive in a fast growth tech culture:
- Healthcare Efficiency – We helped a healthcare provider improve their clinical trial practices by identifying congestion in diagnostic testing as a key indicator of admissions breaches.
- Environmental Impact – We designed and built the first data-driven application for a state of the art centre of excellence in urban innovation by collecting real-time data from environmental sensors across London and deploying proprietary analytics to find unexpected patterns in air pollution.
- Product Development – We worked with the CEO of an elite automotive organisation to reduce the 18-month car development timeframe by improving processes, designs and team structures.