- Have 5+ years of engineering experience in software
- Have strong Computer Science and Software Engineering foundations
- Be comfortable working with a couple of programming languages
- Know how to build user friendly web applications and APIs
- Be familiar with software engineering patterns and multiple programming paradigms, e.g. functional programming, OOP, etc
- Be a strong advocate of Lean and Agile principles for iterative software development
- Play well with others, taking part in team decisions and enjoying cooperative problem-solving sessions
- Have pragmatic attitude to automated software testing and continuous delivery mindset
- Can communicate to and coach software product users with varying levels of technical abilities
- Have experience with contributing to open-source projects (bonus points)
- Have experience with developing data-driven pipelines and big data frameworks (bonus points)
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will be working closely with other engineers both local and remote, UX, Designers, QA and Product Managers to build the core components of our product’s web platform.
Who you are
You are a highly collaborative individual who is capable of laying aside your own agenda, listening to and learning from colleagues, challenging thoughtfully and prioritising impact. You search for ways to improve things and work collaboratively with colleagues. You believe in iterative change, experimenting with new approaches, learning and improving to move forward quickly.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
By using your expertise in building rich, data-filled web applications using frameworks like D3.js/React/Node.js, you’ll work with your team to go from data to impact. You’ll dive into backend services that are written in a variety of languages like Node.js and sometimes Python to make sure we’re building resilient systems. You’ll dig through in-memory caching systems like Redis and look for optimizations in our GraphQL layer along with its interactions with Postgres. Your web technology and analytical problem-solving skills will be used daily as you coach your team through strategies to deploy stunning representations of complex data patterns. You won’t be afraid of contributing to and understanding areas of expertise outside the browser and server, like project management or machine learning frameworks.
Your core focus will be on architecting, developing and delivering the best product possible for use by QuantumBlack and our clients. You’ll be successful in this role by; leading peer-programming sessions, helping teams with problem solving, reviewing code to ensure high standards, writing unit tests for all of your code, and working to continuously evaluate our process for optimisations. You will be able to measure your impact by the new opportunities you help unlock for our teams and clients. Through your work, you will collaboratively advance the state-of-the-art in QuantumBlack and for our clients.
What you’ll learn
With our focus on solving problems using data, you will learn to deeply understand the Data Science and Data Engineering process and help develop impactful and reusable patterns and abstractions used by our clients and teams. You will experience the thrill of building a growing product and evolving the engineering process to handle more users, harder problems and more advanced client situations. You’ll be able to continuously exercise your unique problem-solving skills by being involved with the most exciting new challenges that industry has to offer.
You will work on the frameworks and libraries that our teams of Data Scientists and Data Engineers use to progress from data to impact. You will guide global companies through data science solutions to transform their businesses and enhance performance across industries including healthcare, automotive, energy and elite sport.
- Real-World Impact – No project is ever the same; we work across multiple sectors, providing unique learning and development opportunities internationally.
- Fusing Tech & Leadership – We work with the latest technologies and methodologies and offer first class learning programmes at all levels.
- Multidisciplinary Teamwork - Our teams include data scientists, engineers, project managers, UX and visual designers who work collaboratively to enhance performance.
- Innovative Work Culture – Creativity, insight and passion come from being balanced. We cultivate a modern work environment through an emphasis on wellness, insightful talks and training sessions.
- Striving for Diversity – With colleagues from over 40 nationalities, we recognise the benefits of working with people from all walks of life.
Our projects range from helping pharmaceutical companies bring lifesaving drugs to market quicker to optimising a Formula1 car’s performance. At QuantumBlack you have the best of both worlds; all the benefits of being part of one of the leading management consultancies globally and the autonomy to thrive in a fast growth tech culture:
- Healthcare Efficiency – We helped a healthcare provider improve their clinical trial practices by identifying congestion in diagnostic testing as a key indicator of admissions breaches.
- Environmental Impact – We designed and built the first data-driven application for a state of the art centre of excellence in urban innovation by collecting real-time data from environmental sensors across London and deploying proprietary analytics to find unexpected patterns in air pollution.
- Product Development – We worked with the CEO of an elite automotive organisation to reduce the 18-month car development timeframe by improving processes, designs and team structures.
Visit our Careers site to watch our video and read about our interview processes and benefits