- 5+ years experience in Software Engineering and Site Reliability Engineering or QA engineering
- Strong software engineering background with one or more scripting/programming languages, such as Python, Go, or Ruby
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, software engineering, or similar; graduate degree is a plus
- Ability to write infrastructure as code using the same quality and engineering practices expected from application developers (test- and behavior-driven development; unit, integration, end-to-end, and acceptance testing; functional, performance, resilience, and security testing)
- Strong experience with one or more infrastructure orchestration frameworks, such as CloudFormation or Terraform
- Work experience with at least one of the major cloud IaaS providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Profound knowledge of Agile concepts and work experience as part of a Scrum team
- Strong experience with at least one major Linux distribution, such as Debian/Ubuntu or Redhat/CentOS
- Have a real passion for DevOps
- Embrace non-hierarchical trust/transparency and challenge the status quo
- Possess distinct quality and service mindset
- Show excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills
- Demonstrate self-drive, organization, and excellent time management
- Work independently and in various multi-cultural team settings
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
As a Senior Software Engineer at QuantumBlack, you will work with the Site Reliability Engineers and Product Management team to build and manage the launches of our internal Platform as a Service Offering.
Who you are
You are a highly collaborative individual who is capable of laying aside your own agenda, listening to and learning from colleagues, challenging thoughtfully and prioritizing impact. You search for ways to improve things and work collaboratively with colleagues. You believe in iterative change, experimenting with new approaches, learning and improving to move forward quickly.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will join our team of Site Reliability Engineers (SREs). You will help define and promote best practices so our cloud-based services are launched with consistent and repeatable methodologies. These best practices will cover all elements of the release process. You will ensure our services behave correctly when deployed to production. You should have deep knowledge across multiple domains: most importantly launch planning and service test automation (unit, integration, and end-to-end testing). In addition, you should have a strong understanding of functional, performance, and security testing, as well as systems, networks, and cloud technologies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with other SREs and Product Management to understand requirements and product direction
- Audit services according to McKinsey’s devops maturity standards and make specific suggestions for improvement
- Act as a liaison between the multiple teams involved in launches
- Drive launches from technical perspective by maintaining momentum of engineering tasks
- Lead the development of launch checklists
- Serve as a release gatekeeper, approving launches as "safe" or rejecting them as “unsafe”
- Educate developers on test automation best practices by providing internal documentation and other training resources
- Champion the use of automation frameworks that run user-cases, scenarios, and situations end-to-end
- Create and drive test planning and strategy across several development teams for precise product validation
- Audit functional, system, integration, and regression test cases and procedures
- Ensure the coverage and quality of all CI/CD testing meets our high standards
- Mentor other SRE'S on Launch Coordination procedures to enable their periodic rotation into LCE role
- Rotate out of LCE role periodically to focus exclusively on new automation engineering
Visit our Careers site to watch our video and read about our interview processes and benefits.
As an equal opportunity employer, QuantumBlack encourages applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief. We maintain a sense of community rooted in respect and consideration for all employees where any evaluation is based simply upon individual work and team performance.