QuantumBlack helps companies use data to drive decisions. We combine business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis and visualization, and advanced software engineering know-how to deliver results. From aerospace to finance to Formula One, we help companies’ prototype, develop, and deploy bespoke data science and data visualization solutions to make better decisions.
Our Montreal office provides a unique combination of client delivery, Deep Learning focused R&D and exciting People Development opportunities through our academic partnership.
- Post-graduate degree in machine learning, computer science, statistics, mathematics, engineering or related field. PhD level is strongly preferred
- Strong R&D record in Machine Learning, Statistics, or Reinforcement Learning
- Programming experience in languages such as R or Python
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks such as: Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Demonstrated leadership in a professional environment e.g. managed project teams and direct reports
- Extensive professional experience in implementing statistical modelling and machine learning methods
- Experience in applying data science methods to commercial problems
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with a knack for explaining complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
As a Data Scientist at QuantumBlack, you will work with other Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, Designers and Project Managers on interdisciplinary projects, using Maths, Stats and Machine Learning to derive structure and knowledge from raw data across various industry sectors.
Who you are
You are a highly collaborative individual who is capable of laying aside your own agenda, listening to and learning from colleagues, challenging thoughtfully and prioritizing impact. You search for ways to improve things and work collaboratively with colleagues. You believe in iterative change, experimenting with new approaches, learning and improving to move forward quickly.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- As a Principal Data Scientist at QuantumBlack in Montreal, you will solve the hardest business problems with our clients in multiple industries worldwide while leading research and development of state-of-the-art Machine learning and statistical methods.
- You will play a leading role in bringing the latest advances in deep learning to the world economy, collaborating with industry executives and QuantumBlack experts to find and execute opportunities to improve business performance using data and advanced machine learning models.
- The role is ideal for a candidate with a strong R&D background in Machine Learning, combined with a passion for bringing the latest research to real applications. We welcome candidates interested in transitioning from a pure academic R&D background into an applied industry role.
- You will also have the opportunity to grow a team of Data Scientists in Montreal that will live at the intersection of R&D and practical application of AI at scale, while collaborating with Data Science experts from other QuantumBlack hubs in Boston, Chicago, London, Sidney, and Sao Paolo.
- Identify Machine Learning R&D initiatives that have a high potential of applicability in industry.
- Develop state-of-the-art Deep Learning and reinforcement learning methods and assets.
- Use the latest advances in Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, and AI, to solve business problems and derive key insights across various industry sectors including Formula 1, pharma, automotive and high-tech.
- Work with Quantumblack leadership and Client executives to understand business problems and map them to state-of-the-art analytics and AI solutions.
- Work with the recruiting team to build an R&D focused team of data scientists in Montreal.
- Build and maintain strong links with the academic world and constantly share ideas and stay ahead of the curve on the latest methods.
- Mentor other data scientists and help them grow their knowledge and skills.
- Work closely with Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers and Designers to build end-to-end analytics solutions for our clients that drive real impact in the real world.
- Influence and help shape the R&D roadmap for QuantumBlack, especially on Deep Learning.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment mixing highly skilled people in data science, data engineering, business and design.
- Perhaps most importantly, you will work in one of the most talented and diverse data science teams in the world.
Please submit CV's in English
Visit our Careers site to watch our video and read about our interview processes and benefits
As an equal opportunity employer, QuantumBlack encourages applications from all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, disability, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief. We maintain a sense of community rooted in respect and consideration for all employees where any evaluation is based simply upon individual work and team performance.