Who we are
Our company has its roots in the Python data science community. Our leaders have had significant involvement in the creation and maintenance of NumPy, SciPy, Jupyter, Spyder, Dask, Conda, Numba, Anaconda and PyData NumFOCUS. Our mission is to connect companies to open-source communities to create sustainable solutions that benefit the whole ecosystem.
We accomplish this mission by providing various services ranging from open-source software development to training and consulting. We believe in a culture of do-ers, learners, and collaborators. We are looking for people who are motivated, humble, curious, and respectful of others.
Quansight is looking for an Open Source Software Developer Advocate to join our collaborative, fully distributed team of data experts. Do you love to learn new technologies and tell others about it? Are you passionate about keeping up with the latest in data engineering and data science? Do you love how open source communities continue to change the face of software development? Do you enjoy writing for social media, blogs, newsletters? If the answer is “Yes!,” you might be a great fit for this role.
You’re a learner and communicator at heart. You get energy from creating content to explain new concepts and enjoy presenting to clients and developers of all experience levels via conferences, hackathons, workshops, meetups, etc.
What You’ll Do
- Drive overall awareness of Quansight’s work in PyData technologies.
- Create engaging content, including technical talks, blog posts, demos, and videos, that educate developers on essential technologies and trends.
- Establish and maintain relationships with community members and partners.
- Inform our broader marketing efforts relative to your domain expertise around the tenor, sentiment, and interests of the community.
- Represent the company at conferences and meetups virtually (and in-person across the globe, when it's safe) to connect with our community, meet our users, and host fun, engaging events.
- Collaborate with marketing to support challenges, campaigns, and activities to increase community activity and engagement.
- Partner with content marketing in the creation of engaging text, video, and photo content for use in marketing materials.
- Create product marketing collateral and technical blogs.
- Capture and share product feedback and insights from the community to the product team.
- You are the voice of Quansight to our many target audiences.
- Excellent communication skills, as evidenced by experience giving talks, demos, and webinars.
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Software developer experience with subject matter expertise in data sciences and/or data engineering.
- Developers trust your work. You deeply understand what resonates with developers.
- Open source community experience including making contributions and an understanding of community organization and management.
- Experienced at managing all aspects of participation in industry events.
Please keep in mind that we are describing the background we imagine would best fit the role. Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements and are confident that you are up for the task, we absolutely want to get to know you!
Why You Should Join
You’ll become an essential part of a small, collaborative, fully distributed engineering team. We strive to provide a working environment that gives you room to learn and grow.
Quansight draws from experience in many large open source communities over the years. Because these communities operate remotely and strive to be as inclusive and participatory as possible, they must also strive to be more transparent and systematic in communicating, sharing information, and working. We are building a culture at Quansight that follows these principles and builds upon them.
We offer flexibility in work times and locations, and vacation time is not just encouraged but celebrated and enforced.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, vision, dental, 401K, a comprehensive sick policy, and flexible paid time off for full-time salary based employees.
Where applicable, if you are located outside of the United States, we will work with you to get similar benefits according to your geographical context.
Where We Can Hire
Our engineering team is entirely remote. We are headquartered in Austin, Texas, and the majority of our team is U.S. based. We also have a significant presence in Europe, South America, and Asia. We will consider applicants anywhere (overlap with U.S. and Europe time zones is preferred).
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging
Quansight understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialised and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.We are an equal opportunity employer - all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for recruitment, interviews, employment, training, compensation, promotion, and related activities. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Quansight Labs will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.