At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 80% of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can handle the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.
About the Team
You would be responsible to develop custom sales processes within Qualtrics’s CRM (Salesforce.com) and ensure that integrations with other systems function effectively. The Sales Applications Engineer works closely with the Salesforce.com administrator and Internal Systems Engineers to develop and maintain these systems.
You will combine strong software engineering experience with interest in business process development that drives operational effectiveness. You will have significant exposure to managerial and process issues in B2B High Tech software sales and have exposure to the Sales, Client Success, and Finance functions. You work with the Head of Sales Operations within the Global Sales Operations function.
A Day in the Life
- Help Sales Operations leaders identify sales processes that could be better executed in Salesforce.com and/or other internal systems.
- Work with business leaders across functions to finalize requirements for new processes.
- Design, code, Q/A, and roll-out these new processes in Salesforce.com.
- Help develop training and enablement materials to educate Salesforce.com internal users.
- Assist in selection of third party software into Salesforce.com, including integrations with Qualtrics Research Suite. Integrate software using standard or custom-developed integrations.
- Use Visualforce and Apex to develop custom triggers and test classes to improve and expand the functionality and usability of Salesforce.com.
- Improve the data models, business logic, and security of our Salesforce.com instance.
- Dedicatedly develop improved integrations with internal and third party software with Qualtrics (e.g. NetSuite, Marketo, Tableau, company data warehouse, etc.)
What are the qualifications?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems from leading school. Strong academic performance and internship/work experience.
- 2+ years experience as a software engineer
- Proven interest in (and aptitude for) working very closely with business users, understand their problems, and developing effective software solutions for these problems on the Salesforce platform.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills, especially in a group environment.
- Experienced in working with API, SOAP, REST, Metadata, Tooling, Web Service Calls.
What are the preferred qualifications?
- Familiarity with Salesforce in a B2B sales organization.
- Salesforce development experience, including Visualforce, Apex, ETL Integrations, SQL, and SOQL.
- Experience with salesforce.com Lightning Components
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.