Qualtrics is a rapidly growing software-as-a-service company and the provider of the world's leading insight platform. More than 7,000 enterprises worldwide, including half of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 business schools rely on Qualtrics technology. Our solutions make it fast and easy to capture customer, employee, and market insights in one place. These insights help our clients make informed, data-driven business decisions. Global enterprises, academic institutions, and government agencies use Qualtrics to collect, analyze, and act on voice of the customer, customer satisfaction, employee engagement, 360-degree reviews, brand, market, product concept, and employee feedback. To learn more, and for a free account, please visit qualtrics.com.
About the Position
The Sales Applications Engineer is responsible to develop custom sales processes within Qualtrics’s CRM (Salesforce.com) and ensure that integrations with other systems function effectively. The Sales Applications Engineer works closely with the Salesforce.com administrator and Internal Systems Engineers to develop and maintain these systems.
The ideal candidate will combine strong software engineering experience with interest in business process development that drives operational effectiveness. The candidate will have significant exposure to managerial and process issues in B2B High Tech software sales and have exposure to the Sales, Client Success, and Finance functions. The Sales Applications Engineer reports to the Head of Sales Operations within the Global Sales Operations function.
- Help Sales Operations leaders identify sales processes that could be better executed in Salesforce.com and/or other internal systems.
- Work with business leaders across functions to finalize requirements for new processes.
- Design, code, Q/A, and roll-out these new processes in Salesforce.com.
- Help develop training and enablement materials to educate Salesforce.com internal users.
- Assist in selection of third party software into Salesforce.com, including integrations with Qualtrics Research Suite. Integrate software using standard or custom-developed integrations.
- Use Visualforce and Apex to develop custom triggers and test classes to improve and expand the functionality and usability of Salesforce.com.
- Improve the data models, business logic, and security of our Salesforce.com instance.
- Proactively develop improved integrations with internal and third party software with Qualtrics (e.g. NetSuite, Marketo, Tableau, company data warehouse, etc.)
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Information Systems from leading school. Strong academic performance and internship/work experience.
- 2+ years experience as a software engineer
- Demonstrated interest in (and aptitude for) working very closely with business users, understand their problems, and developing effective software solutions for these problems on the Salesforce.com platform.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in a group environment.
- Experienced in working with API, SOAP, REST, Metadata, Tooling, Web Service Calls.
- Familiarity with the salesforce.com platform in a B2B sales organization.
- Salesforce development experience highly desirable, including Visualforce, Apex, ETL Integrations, SQL, and SOQL.
- Experience with salesforce.com Lightning Components