Qualtrics is a single system of record for all experience data, also called X-data™, allowing organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand experiences—on one platform. Over 8,500 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics. To learn more, and for a free account, please visit www.qualtrics.com.
As a Sales Engineer you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Develop and deliver high quality Qualtrics presentations and product demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Qualtrics solutions. Design, validate, and present Qualtrics software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Presents and articulates Qualtrics product's strengths, relative to competitors.
Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in sales planning and business development activities. Develops and demonstrates moderately complex solutions. Architects solutions and prototype solutions for customers. Presents and articulates Qualtrics product's strengths, relative to competitors. Participate in industry functions, seminars, and round tables to stay current with industry. Interacts with development to enhance/refine Qualtrics products in areas of expertise. Delivers high quality technical Qualtrics presentations and demonstrations in area of expertise.
- Provide exemplary pre-sales technical expertise through technical and product presentations, demonstrations, pilot implementations, and on-going sales consultation
- Drive the adoption of Qualtrics solutions within strategic accounts, expanding usage across departments within the enterprise. Translate product/technical features into value drivers.
- Develop and maintain training materials, and deliver training to improve product knowledge and demo abilities of both inside and enterprise salespeople.
- Build working knowledge of competing products and how to technically sell against them
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of existing and new Qualtrics products.
- Respond to initial product requests and frame product issues for discussion and resolution with Product and Engineering teams
- Communicate effectively w/ engineers & stakeholders. Describe problems succinctly to enable issue management
- Become an expert in Qualtrics Research Suite and other Qualtrics products
- Develop/maintain technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends
- At least 3 years of prior Sales/Systems Engineering, or Solution Architect experience with software in a SaaS/Cloud environment, selling to C/VP level buyers
- High energy, self-starter comfortable with ambiguity in entrepreneurial environments.
- Outstanding professional, sales, and technical capabilities; comfortable supporting both enterprise (field) and inside sales teams on targeted accounts
- Ability to explain and resolve common technical aspects of SaaS software, including security, protocols for APIs, SLAs, email/communication specifications, etc.
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture', architect solutions to solve customer problems, and uncover business challenges and develop custom solutions to solve them
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, and closing techniques.
- Possess "best of breed" functional sales experience that could be applied across an entire sales area in general or specific functional categories
- Demonstrated strong leadership and ability to lead encouraging both individual and team accomplishments
- Must be prepared to learn new technologies
- Must be able to pivot to other system related tasks if and when needed. We wear lots of hats here at Qualtrics!
- Undergraduate degree (E.g. Marketing, Business, Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Leadership, Psychology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative field. Strong academic performance.)
- Travel required
- Previous Sales/Solution Engineering experience
- Previous experience in survey/data collection or market research software and systems, including pre or post-Sales support