Qualtrics is a rapidly growing software as a service company backed by three of the top venture capital firms in the world, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners and Insight Venture Partners. Our world-leading insight platform has transformed the way businesses collect, analyze, and act on valuable insights that drive better decision-making. We offer a single insight platform that brings together customer, market, and employee insights in one place.
Whether you are building voice of customer, employee engagement, or market research programs, you can do it all on Qualtrics. We are doing just that for many of the world’s most visionary brands including: HP, Wells Fargo, JetBlue, and Marriott International.
Qualtrics has more than 9,000 enterprise clients worldwide, over 1800 employees, very strong quarter-over-quarter revenue growth. Come see why our employees and clients love being part of the Qualtrics team!
Expectations for Success
We are looking for a self-motivated, organized professional with an advanced attention to detail to join our Research Services team as a Survey Specialist. Under the direction of our principal survey methodologist, the Survey Specialist will review and design survey instruments for high-priority Research Services clients and will have the primary responsibility to build initial drafts of client surveys and to own the revision process until the survey goes live into the field for data collection.
In this role you will wed two critical skill sets: an editor’s attention to detail and a broadly applicable understanding of research methods. As such, you should have experience in technical writing (e.g., English language editing) or in research—whether marketing research or a survey-based social science. Because survey drafts are built and revised in the Qualtrics platform, you will be advanced Qualtrics user (i.e., versed in the programming of skip logic, display logic, and survey flow), but at a minimum, you should be comfortable using the Qualtrics platform and willing to complete advanced software certification.
Finally, given the swift nature of marketing research and the steady flow of client work, success in this role will demonstrate an ability to manage as many as 6-8 survey projects at a time and at varying stages of development. Although supervised by the principal survey methodologist, the Survey Specialist will largely be responsible for his/her own time management with respect to setting and meeting deadlines. As such organizational skills are paramount.
- General familiarity with the Qualtrics research core
- Familiarity with marketing or social science survey-based research
- Superior attention to detail
- Comfort in a fast-pace and sometimes unstructured environment
- Ability to articulate complex concepts clearly and pleasantly, especially through written communication
- Degree from a 4-year college or university
- High-level organizational and time management skills
- Advance Qualtrics certification
- Previous experience in market research or social science survey-based research
- Previous experience in technical writing or editing
- Advanced knowledge of survey methodology and standard methodologies
- Comfort engaging directly with enterprise-level clients and partners