At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 80% of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.
Our Analytics Platform is designed to explore and extract insights that our customers depend upon. Being the primary source for analytics within Qualtrics, our customers both internal and external depend upon us to provide accurate, real-time, and fault tolerant solutions to their ever growing data needs.
The Analytics Platform builds highly performant scalable analytics solutions varying from data storage systems to computation and serving solutions. We utilize a plethora of open source and industry accepted technologies for our big data problems such as Apache Spark, Elastic, Amazon Web services, and Apache Kafka.
We are looking for skilled engineers with an eye for building and optimizing distributed systems to join our team. From data processing and storage, to serving and scale, we work closely with engineers and product management to build consistent and highly available systems that tackle real world data and scale problems.
A Day in the Life
- Focus on the development of cloud computing infrastructure at Qualtrics, and help build, distribute, scale and optimize these technologies
- Develop scalable, robust, and highly available micro services related to our data platform
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other specialists, tech-ops, and product managers
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 2-8+ years of meaningful experience (note - we are looking for outstanding people at various levels from junior to principal)
- A strong level of curiosity paired with the ability to get things done.
- Strong algorithms, data structures, and coding background.
- Experience with software engineering standard methodologies (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design document
- Experience with distributed systems and data processing technologies.
- Strong mathematical and/or computational background.
- Knowledge of open source/industry standard data processing, storage, and serving technologies.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to identify the root cause of issues.
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.