Qualtrics is a rapidly growing software as a service company backed by three of the top venture capital firms in the world, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners and Insight Venture Partners. Our world-leading insight platform has transformed the way businesses collect, analyze, and act on valuable insights that drive better decision-making. We offer a single experience management (XM) that captures customer, market, and employee insights in one place.
You will be working with the latest mobile devices: phones, tablets, TVs and wearables. Our team is responsible for creating platform and experience for bridging key components of the Qualtrics platform as components embeddable in applications. We are passionate about building scalable, well-designed software. We constantly improve our technical foundation and user experience. As a senior engineer on the Mobile team, you’ll have huge impact on how customers, even friends and family, interact with Qualtrics.
You provide mobile perspective and context for technology choices. You’re up to the challenge of device and mobile network limitations, device fragmentation, and other mobile development curve balls. You are motivated to tackle ambiguous situations with new technologies to rapidly produce prototypes. You outline paths from prototype to product. You are a technical leader for your team. You contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be involved with design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting end consumer features.
- Architect new end-to-end features to bring the best of Qualtrics to a mobile platform.
- Develop scalable, fast, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other engineers, tech-ops, and product managers
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
- 5+ yrs of commercial software development experience design and coding skills in ObjectiveC and/or Java.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Firm understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Passion for mobile development. We would love to hear about apps you’ve developed.
- Experience building responsive UI, high-performance, highly-available and scalable systems.
- Experience analyzing data while developing solutions to problems.
- Experience developing hybrid native/HTML mobile applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to analyze problems and solve them creatively.
- Be highly innovative, flexible and self-directed.
- Familiarity with REST and relational databases.
- Experience in data analysis using statistical methods.