At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 80% of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.
The Customer Experience (CX) team is looking for a hands-on engineering manager. Our goal is to enable the world's most customer-centric organizations by helping them deliver business outcomes across channels and customer journeys. We want to do this by making data analysis accessible to everyone and by building software that will enable our users to keep a tight loop with their customers.
You will work with a talented team of full stack engineers working on our CX product line: dashboarding, ticketing and action-planning. Some of our key challenges include development of data visualization frameworks, performant backend services to support real time analysis on large datasets, data permissioning, workflow management, push notifications and more. You will be part of one of our fastest growing products (>100% YoY) and will have lots of opportunities for personal growth.
We are seeking someone who is comfortable with high degrees of ambiguity, who is proficient at contributing code, mentoring junior engineers, and acting as a technical leader to set the direction and vision for the Qualtrics platform.
Expectations for Success
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (Master’s degree is preferred)
- 6+ years of experience shipping web based application features and code (preferably for a SaaS company)
- 2+ years experience directly leading one or more engineering teams
- Able to design and implement well-crafted, scalable, and maintainable code
- Familiarity with relevant technology stacks – Node.js, Angular.js
- Team lead experience in an agile environment
- Ability to make reasonable trade-offs based on time and resource constraints in the interest of the business and customers
A Day in the Life
- You will be a team lead for software engineers responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, and operations of features. This includes part-time hands-on engineering responsibilities
- Mentor and coach engineers with various experience levels, to help them become more effective software engineers
- Work with colleagues in Product Management, Engineering Services, Customer Success and other engineering teams to collect requirements, describe features, build technical designs, and drive product strategy
- Partner with the rest of the Qualtrics development teams to minimize test case duplication or overlap while maximizing feature and code coverage
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional software engineering standard methodologies for the entire SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, and testing
- Drive operational perfection by investigating production issues, driving root cause analysis and follow-up actions for mitigation
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.