Qualtrics is a single system of record for all experience data, also called X-data™, allowing organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand experiences—on one platform. Over 8,500 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics. To learn more, and for a free account, please visit www.qualtrics.com.
About the Team
The Reporting and Analytics team is looking for a hands-on engineering manager for our Reporting and Analysis team. Our mission is to make data analysis accessible to everyone - you don't have to be a data scientist to extract insights from your data. You will work with a talented team of full stack engineers working on our dashboarding, reporting and analysis features. Some of our key challenges include development of data visualization frameworks, performant backend services to support real time analysis on large datasets, data permissioning, push notifications and more. You will be part of one of our fastest growing products and will have lots of opportunities for personal growth.
We are looking for candidates who are comfortable with high degrees of ambiguity, who are comfortable contributing code, mentoring junior engineers, and acting as a technical leader to set the direction and vision for the Qualtrics platform.
- Lead a team of software engineers responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, and operations of features. This includes part-time hands-on engineering responsibilities.
- Review candidates, conduct phone screens and on-site interview loops
- Mentor and coach engineers with various experience levels, to help them become more effective software engineers
- Work with colleagues in Product Management (PM), Professional Services (PS), and other development teams to collect requirements, describe features, build technical designs, and drive product strategy
- Partner with the rest of the Qualtrics development teams to minimize test case duplication or overlap while maximizing feature and code coverage.
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the entire SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, and testing
- Drive operational excellence by investigating production issues, driving root cause analysis and follow-up actions for mitigation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science; Master’s degree is preferred
- 10+ years of experience shipping web based application features and code (preferably for a SaaS company)
- 5+ years experience directly managing one or more engineering teams
- Demonstrated skills in a high level object-oriented language such as Java, C#, or C++
- Able to design and implement well-crafted, scalable, and maintainable code.
- Experience with relevant technology stacks – Node.js, Angular.js
- Experience leading a team in an Agile, TDD environment
- Ability to make reasonable trade-offs based on time and resource constraints in the interest of the business and customers.