Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 9,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
Solution Architect (EMEA, Level 4) Job Description
As a Solution Architect, you will combine your problem solving ability, business insight and deep technical, hands-on experience to help large enterprises utilise the power of the Qualtrics platform and transform their business. In this role, you will work with business and technical decision makers from our largest accounts, as well as Qualtrics’ technology partners and account teams. Solution Architects engage early in the project lifecycle where the customer is just beginning to define the vision, envision what is possible and figure out if it’s feasible. The role requires an affinity for solution selling, technology evangelism, and customer engagement. The ability to win the hearts and minds of our customers while explaining abstract technical concepts as they relate to business value is an absolute. You will lead Project Discovery and Design Sessions as well as Project Scoping conversations in order to validate the customer solution and articulate the business impact of the solution. You will accomplish this by designing technical solutions that meet customer’s business objectives. This role requires a high degree of cross-functional collaboration with Sales, Engineering, and customers. The position will provide technical expertise for scoping and defining solutions for customers with needs beyond the typical platform capabilities. It will also be an opportunity to influence the product roadmap by contributing to solutions utilized across multiple customer projects.
This position will report directly to the Head of Solution Architecture (EMEA).
A Day in the Life:
- Conduct discovery and solution presentation sessions with customer executive and IT teams.
- Understand the business requirements of the client to articulate the solution’s business value.
- Design and document unique solutions for individual customer’s needs by adapting the platform capabilities to the needs of Qualtrics’ enterprise-level customers.
- Work collaboratively across numerous functions to ensure compelling and sustainable solutions are built for customers.
- Establish positive relationships with the customer’s key technical and business decision makers.
- Assist in driving sales pipeline while enabling achievement of Professional Services billing targets.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of the Qualtrics Research Core and other products.
- Be a self-starter who takes ownership of opportunities, works independently, runs multiple simultaneous projects, and deals well with ambiguity and last-minute changes.
- Keep up to date with market trends in target industry, competitive insights and industry regulatory/compliance requirements.
- Have the ability and passion necessary to maintain deep understanding and technical expertise of new technologies, including competitive technologies, while continuing to handle customer opportunities.
Expectations for Success:
- Technical BEng, BSc degree, Computer Science or Math background
- 6+ years of relevant industry experience in one or more of software solutions analysis, business analysis, software solutions consulting
- 3+ of solution architecture and design experience or experience implementing custom solutions for enterprise customers.
- 2+ of architecture, design, implementation and/or support of highly distributed applications.
- Good understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends and their impact on target industry organizations.
- Prior experience in a customer-facing consulting/architecture position within a software and/or services company.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
Even Better If You Have...
- Experience working within a software development and/or product management environment
Qualtrics is an equal opportunity employer
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.