As a Solution Architect you will combine your business acumen and deep technical, hands-on experience to help large enterprises leverage the power of the Qualtrics platform and transform their business. In this role, you will work with business and technical decision makers from our largest accounts, as well as Qualtrics’ technology partners and account teams.
Solution Architects engage early in the project lifecycle where the customer is just beginning to define the vision, imagine what is possible and determine if it’s feasible. The role requires an affinity for solution selling, technology evangelism and customer engagement. The ability to win the hearts and minds of our customers while explaining abstract technical concepts as they relate to business value, is a must.
You will lead Project Discovery and Design Sessions as well as Project Scoping conversations in order to validate the customer solution and articulate the business impact of the solution.
You will accomplish this by designing technical solutions that meet customer’s business objectives. This role requires a high degree of cross-functional collaboration with Sales, Engineering, and customers.
The position will provide technical expertise for scoping and defining solutions for customers with needs beyond the typical platform capabilities. It will also be an opportunity to influence the product roadmap by contributing to solutions utilized across multiple customer projects. This position will report directly to the Head of Solution Architects.
- Design and document custom solutions for individual customer’s needs by adapting the platform capabilities to the needs of Qualtrics’ enterprise-level customers.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Engineering, and other teams to ensure compelling solutions are created by presenting to customer executive and IT teams.
- Assist in driving sales pipeline while ensuring achievement of Professional Services billing targets.
- Establish strong relationships with the customer’s key technical and business decision makers.
- Understand the customer’s business requirements in order to articulate the solution’s business value.
- Keep up to date with market trends in target industry, competitive insights and industry regulatory/compliance requirements.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of the Qualtrics Research Suite and other products.
- Be a self-starter who takes ownership of opportunities, works independently, manages multiple simultaneous projects, and deals well with ambiguity and last-minute changes.
- Have the ability and passion necessary to maintain technical excellence with emerging technologies, including competitive technologies, while continuing to manage customer opportunities.
- Technical BS degree, Computer Science or Math background
- Solution design experience or experience implementing custom solutions for enterprise customers.
- Comfortable with reviewing and editing an existing code base for an enterprise-grade technology stack.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends and their impact on target industry organizations.
- Five or more years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications.
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company that includes excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in several of the following areas: Software design or development, Application Design, Systems Operations / Management, Database architecture, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security, Linux, HPC.