The Sales Engineer (SE) is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for Qualtrics solutions. The SE articulates technology and product positioning to both business and technical users, responds to technical sections of RFPs, and develops a deep level of expertise of specific industries, customers, and solutions, and. The SE also serves as a conduit between prospects/customers and product development for product enhancements. The SE excels at establishing and maintaining strong relationships throughout the sales cycle via web conference and face to face meetings.
- Consulting to prospects/clients with regards to engagement surveys and/or feedback and assessment programs, including scoping, design and delivery of projects, data interpretation and presentation, and research and analysis
- Driving the Qualtrics brand in the Human Capital Management marketplace through becoming a key influencer in the industry
- Working directly with the leadership teams of our prospects/clients to identify targeted solutions to strategic challenges, help develop and/or implement solutions, and provide post-program analysis
- Performing ad hoc, deep dive analyses on specific business problems to identify and evaluate solutions
- Working as part of a wider survey project team, both locally and globally, to deliver local and global engagement survey projects
- Designing and delivering custom 360 feedback / assessments within the Qualtrics survey platform for various organizations, industries, and job families
- Serving as a talent analytics domain/subject-matter expert to the internal Employee Insights sales team to help evaluate prospect/client needs and position Qualtrics’ & partner solutions
- Acting as an advocate for Employee Insights internally with broader Qualtrics colleagues
- D. or MSc in Industrial and Organizational Psychology or Organizational Behavior or area of Social Sciences or an MBA with Emphasis in Human Resources or Organizational Behavior strongly preferred. Strong proven experience in individual or organizational assessment may be considered in conjunction with a Master’s degree
- Requires a minimum of 6 years experience delivering individual, organizational, or leadership consulting services in the public or private sector
- At least 3 years of prior Sales/Systems Engineering, or Solution Architect experience with software in a SaaS/Cloud environment, selling to C/VP level technical buyers.
- High energy, self-starter comfortable with ambiguity in entrepreneurial environments.
- Outstanding professional, sales, and technical capabilities; comfortable supporting both enterprise (field) and inside sales teams on targeted accounts
- Ability to explain and resolve common technical aspects of SaaS software, including security, protocols for APIs, SLAs, email/communication specifications, etc.
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture', architect solutions to solve customer problems, and uncover business challenges and develop custom solutions to solve them
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Previous Sales/Systems Engineering experience
- Previous experience required in survey/data collection or market research software and systems, including pre or post-Sales support
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate analytics to a non-technical audience
- Proven project management, consulting and facilitation experience
- Ability to develop and deliver compelling presentations using data, graphics and effective storytelling and influencing skills to communicate insights
- Demonstrated group facilitation and collaboration skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills and the ability to use analytics to identify trends and implications relevant to talent management
- Up-to-date understanding of business issues and applications in HCM domain
- Teamwork orientation as well as the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of qualitative & applied statistical techniques
- Demonstrated proficiency with analytics tools (i.e. SPSS) and MS Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Understanding of organization change and development techniques
- Willingness to travel