Our Qualtrics Commercial Finance Team is seeking a full-time Senior Analyst to join our growing team. We are a global team with excellent interpersonal skills who act as trusted advisors for the sales organisation. We dive deep on contract details through the lens of revenue recognition compliance and collaborate with sales-supporting teams across Qualtrics to help our sales teams win the best deals and provide the best possible commercial outcomes for all parties involved. We apply our understanding of the business to drive strategic decisions and have a huge impact on Qualtrics’ financial reporting. This role is for someone who can problem solve in a fast-paced environment, wants to gain visibility with top leaders of the organisation & can effectively communicate complex ideas to non-technical colleagues.
Expectations for Success
- Work as a trusted partner by the sales and sales-supporting (BizOps) organisations for financial deal advisory on non-standard, complex deals in line with ASC 606 revenue recognition standards
- Develop a strong understanding of Qualtrics’ business model and go to market strategy
- Review and provide commercial approvals on non-standard terms within high dollar, complex deals providing innovative solutions when necessary
- Act as a company-wide policy expert for sales crediting guidance
- Complete accounting compliance checks and revenue reallocations in line with ASC 606, working closely with the Revenue Accounting team
- Find opportunities to drive process improvements while representing Finance on cross-functional project teams
- Support compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls requirements
- Act as a regional team leader within the Australia & New Zealand/Asia Pacific/Japan Commercial Finance team
Qualifications and Requirements:
Education, Experience & Training Required:
- Bachelor’s degree with proven academic excellence and performance (degree in accounting or finance desirable but not required)
- 4+ years experience in a professional environment with experience in accounting, finance, and/or contract review
Job-Specific Specialised Knowledge & Skills Preferred:
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of ASC 606 or IFRS 15 revenue recognition standards, with experience in SaaS revenue recognition a plus
- Ability to work with & build relationships in a team environment and also to lead initiatives independently
- Demonstrated ability to work in dynamic, fast-paced, fast growing company where adaptability is imperative
- Confidence to appropriately discuss difficult issues with upper levels of sales management
- Excellent interpersonal skills to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience partnering with Legal, Sales, Sales Operations and Services teams
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our office design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We practise what we preach - we believe in the importance of great Experiences and offer annual Experience Days and an Experience Bonus to enable employees to partake in their own incredible experiences.
- Qualtrics is a place where everyone belongs - we value the diversity of our world-class team, and our ERGs (Q Pride, WLD, Mosaiq, Q&Able and Q Salute) offer valuable resources and promote inclusion for all.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.
To learn more about what we value, read about it directly from our employees' Qualtrics Life stories.
Qualtrics is an equal opportunity employer
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.