As a Solutions Engineer you will be responsible for providing pre-sales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers using a consultative and value based selling approach. Healthcare is one of our fastest growing industry verticals. In this role you will help shape the vision for customer, employee, product and brand experiences across a portfolio of Healthcare organizations.
Qualtrics Solutions Engineers work in a team-based selling motion, partnering with Enterprise Account Executives, Product Managers and Customer Success. You will provide direction and specialist knowledge in applying Qualtrics technology to client business. You will develop and deliver high quality Qualtrics presentations and product demonstrations. You will design, validate, and present Qualtrics software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. You will Present and articulate Qualtrics product's strengths, relative to competitors.
Solutions Engineers effectively consult with management of customer organizations and participate in sales planning and business development activities. You will architect solutions and prototype solutions for customers. You will participate in industry functions, seminars, and round tables to stay current with industry. You will also interact with development to enhance/refine Qualtrics products in areas of expertise.
- Provide exemplary pre-sales technical expertise through technical and product presentations, demonstrations, pilot implementations, and on-going sales consultation.
- Create compelling presentations using a consultative and value-based approach and deep discovery with prospective clients
- Drive the adoption of Qualtrics solutions within strategic accounts, expanding usage across departments within the enterprise.
- Build working knowledge of competing products and how to technically sell against them
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of existing and new Qualtrics products.
- Respond to initial product requests and frame product issues for discussion and resolution with Product and Engineering teams
- Become an expert in Qualtrics XM Platform and other Qualtrics products
- Develop/maintain technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends
- Must be located in the Midwest/West/Mountain-West area.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior Sales/Systems Engineering, or Solution Architect experience with software in a SaaS/Cloud environment, selling to C/VP level buyers
- High energy, self-starter comfortable with ambiguity in entrepreneurial environments.
- Outstanding professional, sales, and technical capabilities; comfortable supporting both enterprise (field) and inside sales teams on targeted accounts
- Ability to explain and resolve common technical aspects of SaaS software, including security, protocols for APIs, SLAs, email/communication specifications, etc.
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture', architect solutions to solve customer problems, and uncover business challenges and develop custom solutions to solve them
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, and closing techniques.
- Possess "best of breed" functional sales experience that could be applied across an entire sales area in general or specific functional categories
- Demonstrate strong leadership and ability to lead, encouraging both individual and team accomplishments
- Must be prepared to learn new technologies
- Must be able to pivot to other system related tasks if and when needed. We wear lots of hats here at Qualtrics!
- Undergraduate degree (E.g. Marketing, Business, Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Leadership, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative field. Strong academic performance.)
- Travel required
- Previous work in Customer and/or Employee Experience software and systems, including pre or post-Sales support
- Experience with healthcare technology (EMR, HIE) and industry needs (HCAHPS, patient outcomes)