The Statwing team is looking for a hands-on engineering manager. Our goal is to empower every leader in an organization to understand and improve the experience of their team so they can attract, develop, engage, and retain a world-class workforce. We want to do this by making data analysis accessible to everyone and by building software that will enable our customers to keep a tight loop with their employees.
The Statwing team builds products to make insight in data easily accessible through statistical analysis and machine learning. The team owns the full stack, developing and operating products that empower users of the XM platform with insight from their data. This includes developing interactive interfaces and visualizations that allow interaction with statistical analysis results to implementing statistical functionality to support a full analysis.
You will work with a talented team of full stack engineers and platform engineers working on our analysis product lines. Customer-visible areas of our product include data visualization, statistical analysis, deep insights drawn from sentiment and machine learning. Key architectural challenges include frameworks shared across multiple products, scale & performance challenges with 1M+ record datasets, enterprise-grade reliability and security, workflow management and integration with internal and external systems, visualization, and more. You will be part of one of our fastest growing products (>100% YoY) and will have lots of opportunities for personal growth.
We are seeking someone who is comfortable with high degrees of ambiguity, who is proficient at contributing code, mentoring junior engineers, and acting as a technical leader to set the direction and vision for the Qualtrics platform.
Expectations for Success
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- 6+ years of experience shipping web based application features and code (preferably for a SaaS company)
- 1+ years experience directly managing engineers
- Able to design and implement well-crafted, scalable, and maintainable code
- Familiarity with relevant technology stacks – Node.js, React, Python
- Team lead experience in an agile environment
- Ability to make reasonable trade-offs based on time and resource constraints in the interest of the business and customers
A Day in the Life
- You will be a team lead for software engineers responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, and operations of features. This includes part-time hands-on engineering responsibilities
- Mentor and coach engineers with various experience levels, to help them become more effective software engineers
- Work with colleagues in Product Management, Engineering Services, Customer Success and other engineering teams to collect requirements, describe features, build technical designs, and drive product strategy
- Partner with the rest of the Qualtrics development teams to minimize test case duplication or overlap while maximizing feature and code coverage
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional software engineering standard methodologies for the entire SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, and testing
- Drive operational perfection by investigating production issues, driving root cause analysis and follow-up actions for mitigation
What Differentiates Us From Other Companies
- During COVID we adopted a WFH process to best support our employees
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent events, team outings, and workshops for development.
- We take pride in our office's design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of the standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office