The developer tooling organization is a critical part of enabling Qualtrics engineers to deliver new features and innovate quickly. We want to empower every developer at Qualtrics to make changes that ship to production in an automatic manner. We strive to make it as easy as possible to create new services, integrate them with developer infrastructure, and deliver changes through validation and integration environments to production in an automated manner (CI/CD). We also build generic tooling that makes it easier to build, collaborate, and operate services written at Qualtrics.
As an engineer working on the developer tooling team you will closely collaborate with developers to understand and remove pain-points and friction. If you're the type of person that likes to directly interact with your customers, understand their headaches, and work on innovative solutions, this job is for you. You will be heavily involved in the design and implementation of infrastructure and tooling to improve the experience of your users.
You will be joining at a time of rapid growth and investment in our technology stack. We are looking to integrate a diverse landscape of infrastructure and tooling into a developer-centric one-stop-shop. Join us on our journey streamlining developer experience that will take care of project bootstrapping, build tools, the CI/CD pipeline, as well as integrating with infrastructure pieces such as Kubernetes, Service Mesh, Ansible, and AWS.
Qualtrics strives for operational excellence in the operation and delivery of our services. Our team operates within a DevOps culture. Some things you will take part in:
- You will ensure our platform exceeds goals for availability, capacity, efficiency, scalability, and performance
- You will dedicatedly monitor end-to-end system performance to identify bottlenecks, potential failures and deliver service capacity planning and demand forecasting.
- You will communicate effectively w/ engineers & partners and describe problems succinctly to enable issue management
- You will perform periodic on-call duties as part of a global team
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field
- 2+ year’s experience in developing and operating a customer-facing, highly-available, large scale web-based services
- Experience with professional software engineering practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documents)
- Experience debugging applications within a Linux environment & scripting experience
- Development experience in a high level language like Python, Java, Go or similar
- Good understanding of web technologies & protocols e.g. TCP/IP and HTTP
- Experience with software development lifecycle and CI/CD tools e.g. Docker, Rundeck, Git, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Worked with or implemented configuration management using tools like Puppet, Ansible, or Chef
- Experience with hybrid cloud setups would be a plus
- Genuinely passionate about working with developers and improving their experience and velocity
- Excited about learning new technologies
- A mentality of 'Automate everything!'
- A team player and fast learner, with a focus on getting stuff done
What differentiates us from other companies:
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space
- On top of the standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees