Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 9,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
Solution Architect, Munich
In this role, you will combine your problem solving ability, communication skills, commercial awareness, customer management experience and technical knowledge to help some of the most iconic companies and brands in the world to utilise the full power of the Qualtrics platform. You will design customer, employee, product and brand experience programs and technical solutions that meet our customer’s business objectives. You will work closely (usually remotely) with customers, sales, product, engineering and technology and service partners. The role offers a unique ability to assess patterns in customer needs and comes with the opportunity to work closely with our product teams to influence their product roadmaps through your commercial and technical insights.
The role requires an affinity for customer engagement and management right through the sales cycle; “art of the possible” pitch & selling; solution design, simplification and presentation; module solution building and technology integration.
The position requires a natural passion for helping our customers be successful with business solutions. It requires an ability to quickly understand the customer’s pains and needs, to simplify complex concepts and solutions and to communicate such solutions to them in a way they can understand. The position requires commercial awareness and presentation skills to ensure that our solution proposals are attractive and address the customer needs.
This position will report directly to the Head of Experience Solution Architecture & Design (EMEA).
A Day in the Life ...
- Work closely with our Sales Teams to identify where they need your support on their key deals.
- Support early deal cycle “art of the possible” conversations, focussing on the customer pain points and the right Qualtrics solutions and services to make our customers incredibly successful.
- Conduct detailed discovery sessions with the customer to understand their pain points, requirements and opportunities, spanning senior C-Level executives to technical teams such as IT & Security.
- Design, prototype and estimate creative solutions to address the customer needs, working with Product and Engineering where there are solution gaps.
- Work collaboratively across numerous functions to ensure compelling and sustainable solutions are built for customers.
- Present Solution options to the Customer, helping them to fully understand the business value, success plan and costs for each solution option.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with the customer’s key business decision makers.
- Ensure best practices for your estimation and contracting to help ensure that Professional Services meet their financial targets.
- Maintain an expert knowledge of the Qualtrics platform suite.
- Be a self-starter who takes ownership of opportunities, works independently, runs multiple simultaneous projects, and deals well with ambiguity and last-minute changes.
- Be an effective and efficient communicator who can listen, understand, explain, influence and negotiate on behalf of Qualtrics with our most demanding enterprise customers.
- Keep up to date with market trends in target industry, competitive insights and industry regulatory/compliance requirements.
- Have the ability and passion necessary to maintain a strong understanding and technical expertise of new technologies, including competitive technologies, while continuing to handle customer opportunities.
- Identify new product features or improvements by analysing emerging requirements from multiple customers and work with Product and Engineering teams to see these features realised in the core products.
Expectations for Success
- Technical BSc degree, Computer Science or Math background
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience in one or more of software solutions analysis, business analysis, software solution design, software engineering
- 5+ of enterprise solution design/consulting experience or experience implementing custom solutions for enterprise customers.
- 2+ of sales engineering/technical sales or similar customer-facing solution design and presentation roles.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal interpersonal skills.
Even Better If You Have...
- Strong understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends and their impact on target industry organizations.
- Recent and significant experience in several of the following areas will be a distinct advantage: Customer or Employee Experience Management/Transformation, Professional Services Selling, Technical Solution Selling, Web Service Architectures, Cloud Solution Architecture & Design.
Qualtrics is an equal opportunity employer
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.