We’re looking for a Software Engineer to assist our Digital Support Experience (DSX) team in localizing digital content into multiple languages to support our international growth. The DSX team is responsible for developing, maintaining, and marketing all aspects of the digital support offerings (including the Support Site, Customer Support Portal, and Qualtrics XM Community). The team consists of digital support product managers and technical writers focused on ensuring our customers have world class digital support and networking resources that enable them to maximize the power of the XM Platform.
On a daily basis, you will work closely with our Web Engineering Team to develop scalable tech that will be used by the DSX team to deliver exceptional digital content to our international customers. Your features will set the industry standard for exceptional digital support and use cutting edge technology that will allow the team to ensure that customer issues are resolved as thoroughly as possible via digital channels. This includes:
- Responsibility for all technical development of localized DSX content: designing, testing, and implementing site improvements, and building world class localized support tools.
- Collaborating on digital localization strategy.
- Working closely with the Digital Marketing and DSX teams to ensure a smooth localized lead delivery process.
A Day in the Life
- Work with the DSX team to understand needs, propose features, build early prototypes, and transform them into exciting end consumer features.
- Work with the Web Engineering Team to develop scalable, fast, robust, and rich web-based solutions to solve complex business problems, using the latest front-end technologies.
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications.
- Build automation and tools to enable DSX to efficiently manage digital content.
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the professional development of colleagues, improving their technical knowledge and the engineering practices on your team and across teams.
- Advise management on software development priorities, risks, and required effort level.
- As an engineer at Qualtrics, you are more than a developer. In addition to building, you test to make sure your work does not introduce customer pain, you put mechanisms in place to make sure the team knows if features aren’t behaving as expected, and you own delivering what you build to customers.
- Understanding of modern web standards and best practices including semantics, progressive enhancement / graceful degradation, accessibility, and responsive web design
- Experience developing flexible and reusable CSS, especially in the context of CSS frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Strong understanding of WordPress and its use as a CMS
- Experience with Agile development principles and frameworks (such as SCRUM)
- Ability to execute independently on complex projects that exceed expectations under time and resource pressure
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design, continuous delivery, source-control repositories, test automation, and build / deploy systems)
- Experience with A/B testing and feature experimentation
- Experience with MVC and single page application technologies, such as AngularJS, Angular2, Polymer, Vue, Ember, React, or ReactNative
- Familiarity with web application build pipelines using WebPack, Gulp, Babel, Sass / LESS
- Internationalization/Localization experience
- Strong UX design sense
- Experience optimizing for mobile with responsive design practices
- Degree in Computer Science
- Excellent in-person and written communication skills
What differentiates us from other companies:
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- Qualtrics Experience Program - $1,500 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at fostering creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- 30 paid days off - 15 PTO + 5 Personal Days + 10 Holiday Closures (additional after a year)
- On top of standard benefits package (medical - employees and their families, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- To learn more about what we value read about it directly from our employees Qualtrics Life stories