The COO LATAM - Sales & Business Operations, will enable the expansion of Qualtrics Sales in LATAM. Responsibilities will include developing the overall sales strategy and planning, coverage and territory strategy, performance management analytics and reporting, proposal team management, and general sales leader support. In owning this remit, the COO will leverage resources across the LATAM offices and the Global Sales Operations team.
The position will be located at the one of our Latin America Offices or Remotely in the US, will report directly to the Head of LATAM Sales, with a dotted line reporting to the Head of Global Sales Operations in Provo, Utah.
A Day in the Life
- Evaluate, improve and then coordinate the sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the LATAM sales organisation. Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organisation’s planning efforts. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders
- Define and manage the process for sales territories allocation across the LATAM sales organisation
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resource
- Works to ensure all sales organisation objectives (OKR’s) are assigned in a timely fashion
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritise opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organisation of continuous process improvement
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organisation. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed
- Monitors the LATAM sales organisation’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data
- Works closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the technology investments
- Coordinates training delivery to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel across the LATAM sales organisation
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs
- Working with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures
- Support senior LATAM sales leaders in creating annual business plans to hit and exceed revenue and hiring goals. Develop the analysis and content to communicate these plans and their results to senior executives within LATAM and Global Sales organisation
- Hire, develop, and train an effective LATAM Sales Operations team that complements global sales operations resources and effectively coordinates and collaborates with them
- Proactively work with senior sales leaders to identify areas to improve bookings and sales productivity within sales teams, geographic regions, and market segments. Help sales leaders identify, prioritise, and make trade-offs among opportunities, while avoiding programs and practices unlikely to generate results
- Prepare plans and presentations for quarterly and annual business reviews, sales kick-offs and other company meetings
- Lead special strategic projects on behalf of the Head of LATAM Sales and Global Head of Sales Operations and Chairman of LATAM.
- Design, evaluate, and advise on systems and internal processes to support a rapidly evolving sales organisation
The Expectation for Success
- 5+ years Sales Operations experience at a B2B software firm (SaaS preferred)
- 5+ years Field Sales experience at B2B technology firm
- Experience running Sales Operations that have grown at pace and expanded across LATAM or the USA.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or other quantitative field
- Expert ability in Microsoft Excel, particularly structuring, analysing, and reporting on large data sets, using pivot tables, etc... including familiarity with SQL and Tableau
- Proficiency with reporting tools in Salesforce.com
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with high proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint (e.g. ability to structure, create, and present to senior management.
Even Better if you Have …
- B.A. or Master’s degree in sales management, marketing, strategy, or finance from leading school
- Proficiency in Tableau, SQL, and data warehouse environments
- Experience at both a top-tier management consultancy and sales operations experience the B2B software industry
Qualtrics is an equal opportunity employer
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.