Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! Join a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment.
The Qualtrics IT team is seeking a Windows Automation Engineer with great familiarity with Windows configuration management. The challenge this individual faces involves building out a world-class, global infrastructure environment for automated laptop provisioning and Windows configuration management. You will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining a system that keeps Windows endpoints secure and compliant with audit control objectives in more than 10 countries around the globe. You will be working on automation development and operate the system you designed daily. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for Microsoft platform and endpoint configuration management. You will be improving employee experience at Qualtrics and setting a high process optimization bar for others within the company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing internal customer support, troubleshooting and solutions related to end-user computer, phone, server, AV and other platforms and services. Assist in implementing, maintaining and monitoring of backend and infrastructure systems.
- Be the primary SME on all things Windows at Qualtrics, a 99.5% Mac shop.
- Develop, deploy and maintain standard Windows endpoint configuration on laptops and in virtual machines. These configurations should meet or exceed audit control objectives established by the Audit Compliance department.
- Keep Windows configuration secure, by monitoring availability of Windows system and application updates, deploying these updates to endpoints and auditing endpoint configuration compliance.
- Design, deploy and operate antivirus for Windows.
- Coding: able to write code from scratch using a high-level language such as Windows PowerShell, leveraging webhooks and API calls, with consideration for security and maintainability of that code.
- SQL analytics: being able to turn employee and IT incident and service request data in MySQL database into information useful for optimizing IT services
- Design, implement and operate automated processes for laptop and desktop configuration prior to being issued to users.
- Collaborate with the laptop lifecycle owner on equipment disposal and recycling in accordance with the current Information Security Policy and country-specific accounting practices.
- Manage IT Asset records, building automations to capture all transitions of each asset between states to satisfy audit control objectives as determined by the Audit Compliance team. Respond to audit inquiries seeking evidence of compliance with audit control objectives.
- Ability to build and maintain VMs that execute automated processes. Experience and close familiarity with monitoring tools to handle potential errors generated by the code. Ability to configure effective and efficient alerts triggered by code failures.
- Field IT service desk requests and provide solutions based on documentation written by senior team members
- Educate employees about IT processes and self-service options as part of providing responses to incoming requests
- Support desktop equipment (computers, phones, etc.): triage incoming requests, identify root causes, take remedial action as prescribed by documentation, escalate to senior team members if a case does not fit any of the known solutions
- Manage the technology component of employee onboarding/departure process: set up laptops for new hires, distribute peripheral equipment according to the established process, monitor incoming tickets for laptop provisioning requests
- Routinely propose updates to problem solving documentation when encountering outdated or absent articles
- **Eventually able to be located out of Seattle WA, Provo UT, or Dallas TX
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Windows 10 Enterprise configurations manager
- Experience managing Windows 10 Enterprise from licensing to configuration management
- Detailed knowledge of Windows InTune/AutoPilot
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft product stack licensing
- Network - understanding of network fundamentals, able to describe operation of TCP/IP protocol in general, able to explain the operation of wired and wireless Ethernet networks
- Experience administering Azure Active Directory
Qualtrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.