Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! Join a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment.
The Deal Review Manager is responsible for managing a team of experts within the Deal Review team (focus on revenue recognition) in the United States. This position requires a dynamic individual with the ability to partner with the sales organization and ensure the cloud license agreements are accounted for properly in accordance with IFRS. Additionally, this team will be responsible for fielding questions regarding quota attainment policies in relation to various contract terms.
Expectations for Success
- Help to ensure controls, procedures and trained staff are in place to review cloud license agreements to ensure they are accounted for properly. Be able to anticipate and understand rapid changes in the business and regulatory environment to ensure compliance.
- Strong understanding of IFRS 15 and the related impacts on revenue recognition practices.
- Promote the idea of business partnering. Find opportunities to simplify deal support by reducing the amount of complexity that the salesforce is exposed to.
- Help manage the relationship with KPMG during their quarterly reviews and the annual audit procedures.
- Develop, mentor, coach and manage a team of analysts. Provide challenging and dynamic career development opportunities.
- Work with all levels of Sales, Legal and Pricing to ensure license agreements are structured in accordance with SAP's Revenue Recognition policies and provide second-level support and escalation assistance to those included in your team. Keep Global Controller and CFO informed and aware of significant issues, escalations, and risks.
- Understand Quota Relief policies for sales and be able to speak to how terms in contracts will impact rep’s quota attainment - mentor team to be able to perform this same responsibility
- Develop Revenue Recognition training content & programs. Spend significant amount of time developing training for the field and getting feedback on how to improve interactions with sales.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Technical Accounting Expertise of at least 5+ years. Ideally experience includes Cloud Revenue Recognition.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams with local, regional or global focus. Ability to professionally interface with field sales teams.
- Strong decision making ability
- Ability to prioritize and manage in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire team to do their best work
- Individual should be self-motivated and possess strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong People Management skills
- CPA or multiple years of technical accounting experience in lieu of CPA.
- Bachelors Degree required.
What differentiates us from other companies:
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- Qualtrics Experience Program - $1,500 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)
- Possible tuition reimbursement for job-related continuing education
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at fostering creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- 30 paid days off - 15 PTO + 5 Personal Days + 10 Holiday Closures (additional after a year)
- On top of standard benefits package (medical employees and their families, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees