Qualtrics is the world’s #1 experience management platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 9,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure! If you thrive in an environment where research drives action, love the idea of working with others to take on new challenges every day, and believe in making work a positive experience for yourself and your colleagues, this position is for you.
As an Experience Management (XM) Scientist supporting Qualtrics Brand Experience (BX) or Core XM, you will be a trusted advisor to researchers, product teams, sales teams, and leaders both within Qualtrics and with our clients globally. Whether you’re speaking with a tenured professor or a chief marketing officer, you'll constantly be challenged to come up with new and creative solutions to the most difficult research needs.
The ideal candidate will be an applied social scientist with a 7+ year track record of demonstrating deep expertise in a scientific discipline relevant to experience management (e.g., Survey Methodology, Marketing Research including brand & communications, Econometrics, Political Science, Sociology, IO Psychology, Statistics & Data Science). They will also have a knack for quickly earning the trust of executives, colleagues, and customers as an advisor for all things methodology and research science.
- Advise global sales, product, and marketing teams in your area of expertise, keeping them apprised of new developments at the forefront of experience management science. Support them as they meet with customers, design new product features and functionality, and take on new challenges to continue building the world’s #1 experience management platform.
- Partner with our Research Services team to advise in your area of specialization as they conduct full-service projects that help the world’s top organizations answer their most critical research questions.
- Develop training materials and learning experiences that enable others to quickly gain knowledge and technical know-how across a wide range of areas in experience management science.
- Conduct, write, and present original research and other thought leadership pieces for conferences and industry events, academic and business press articles and books, joint publications, blogs, podcasts, webinars, etc.
- Master’s or Ph.D. in the social sciences or other disciplines closely related to experience management (e.g., Survey Methodology, Marketing Research, Econometrics, Political Science, Sociology, IO Psychology, Statistics & Data Science)
- 7+ years of applied research
- 7+ years demonstrated track record of earning the trust of executives, colleagues, and customers as an advisor who listens, understands goals and challenges, and delivers the right solutions
- 7+ years demonstrated track record of teaching and developing others in a technical discipline
- 7+ years demonstrated track record of presenting research findings in conferences and top industry events (presenting original research to business leaders is strongly preferred)
- Ability to communicate clearly and answer methodological or technical questions directly without unnecessary jargon
- Preferred proficiency with a minimum of one statistical programming language such as Python, R, Stata, with the ability to provide high quality peer review of common statistical tests and assumptions as they relate to research designs
- If Survey Methodologist, an understanding of applied survey research (e.g., questionnaire design, sampling designs, respondent segmentation and weighting, bias correction, imputation, longitudinal and cross-sectional surveys)
- If Brand/Marketing Researcher, experience designing and implementing research related to brand lift, brand positioning, brand health/equity tracking, competitor analysis, advertising testing, and a deep understanding of various commercial equity models and industry trends.
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.