At Qualtrics, our mission is to close experience gaps—the costly differences between what customers and employees expect, and what they’re receiving.
9,000+ organizations worldwide and more than 80% of the Fortune 100 rely on the Qualtrics Experience Management Platform™ to collect, analyze, and act on feedback—more feedback than they ever thought possible. With Qualtrics XM, organizations can manage the four core experiences of business—customer, employee, product, and brand experience. Organizations can be at every meaningful touchpoint, for every experience, and predict what will resonate most with customers and employees.
The Data Platform supports all of the Qualtrics experience management products. Our services ingest, store, process, and perform analytics on experience data, all at scale. We design systems for high availability, high throughput, data consistency and security. The platform we have built enables all of the customer, employee, brand and product experience teams to rapidly develop data-driven workflows and tools to help our customers manage their businesses.
Expectations for Success
We aspire to be the best engineering organization within Qualtrics. Consequently, we focus on extending the platform by facilitating the specialization and personal growth of our engineers. Our engineers, at every level, participate in design and architecture, requirements gathering, full stack development and delivery, operations, quality, and benchmarking and optimization. Qualtrics wants to dominate the experience management space so we welcome individuals who are interested in envisioning the future and anticipating customer needs that don’t exist yet. We expect our senior contributors to identify hidden problems, to exhibit a healthy intellectual and engineering curiosity, and to continuously question if there isn’t a better way. Time spent on the data platform occurs in dog years. You will grow rapidly.
We expect all of our contributors to have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, and to be capable of demonstrating expertise in algorithmic execution, data structures and data modeling, as well as the ability to estimate and deliver on coding objectives. We are looking for exceptional individuals at all experience levels, from junior to principal engineers.
- Experience with distributed systems and data processing technologies.
- Strong mathematical and/or computational background.
- Knowledge of open source/industry standard data processing, storage, and serving technologies.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
A Day in the Life
- Focus on the development of SaaS Software and build, distribute, scale and operate these services.
- Develop scalable, robust, and highly available data intensive micro services.
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to provide customer value
- Partner with UX, TechOps, Product, to achieve the best product designs
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, serve on an on-call rotation, and consistently deliver value to customers