Qualtrics is a single system of record for all experience data, also called X-data™, allowing organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand experiences—on one platform. Over 8,500 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics. To learn more, and for a free account, please visit www.qualtrics.com.
Responsible for providing internal customer support, troubleshooting and solutions related to end-user computer, phone, server, AV and other platforms and services. Assist in implementing, maintaining and monitoring of backend and infrastructure systems.
- Field service desk requests and provide solutions
- Educate employees about IT processes and self-service options
- Troubleshoot technical issues
- Support desktop equipment (computers, phones, etc.)
- Support and maintain network, phone, Internet, wireless and other backend systems.
- Maintain continuous availability of systems within purview
- Manage the technology component of employee onboarding/departure process
- Soft skills
- High EQ - able to recognize emotions of others and find optimal communication strategy to get past emotions to the substance of the matter
- Ability to self-educate on technical subjects, such as programming languages, software packages and service processes.
- Ability to choose the right tool for the job: balance complexity / effort / cost to the outcome.
- Candid yet polite communicator
- Ability to write concise and clear Wiki articles.
- Good time management skills - know what (s)he is spending time on
- Curiosity and enthusiasm to learn about IT
- Work ethics: sense of ownership, ready to work on unattractive tasks/projects for the benefit of the company
- Resilience: not to be put down by failure / obstacles / rejection
- Willingness to invest time and effort into building long term relationships with consumers of IT services
- Critical thinking: looking for improvements, not accepting the way things are done for granted
- Ability to plan activities for oneself and others, understand dependencies between own work product and inputs to others
- Analytical ability to dissect a problem and find a root cause
- Mac OS X - complete understanding of the UI and user-configurable settings.
- Network - understanding of network fundamentals, able to describe operation of TCP/IP protocol in general, able to explain the operation of wired and wireless Ethernet networks.
- G Suite administration experience and skills - account provisioning, task automation, SSO configuration and troubleshooting
- Understanding fundamentals of Information Security: incident response, risk mitigation, attack vectors, phishing techniques, use of certificates, multi-factor authentication and role-based permissions to reduce security risks
- SQL analytics: being able to turn employee and IT incident and service request data in MySQL database into information useful for optimizing IT services
- Able to speak English clearly. Able to read and write in English without major grammar or syntax mistakes without computer assistance.
- Able to lift loads of up to 40 lbs. (IT has to receive and move equipment occasionally). Able to climb ladders, maintaining balance and extending to install equipment (mostly for installation and maintenance of security cameras).
- Ability to use simple tools such as powered and manual screwdrivers, pliers and wrenches to install IT equipment.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Apple Business Manager (DEP) - understanding of what it is, how it works and troubleshooting sequence.
- Jamf - understanding of what it is, how it is used at Q and what are the technological limitations of the tool.
- Zoom system administration skills - understanding account provisioning, permissions, screen sharing prerequisites, Zoom room maintenance.
- Experience with IT asset management systems
- Security cameras management / installation
- Envoy visitor management system: understanding how it operates, how to install a terminal and troubleshoot
- Experience installing and administering Linux based operating systems
- Supported large desktop environment
- AV system support - understanding of operation of stage microphones, projectors, sound mixers
- Python programming skills - able to debug, troubleshoot and improve existing IT process automation tools and integrations
- ITIL Foundation certificate v.4 or 2011
Qualtrics is an equal opportunity employer
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.